"Shekhawati Heritage World" Fatehpur by RAJASTHANBYCAR
Fatehpur Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 60 photos
Till a few years ago,the beautiful world of Shekhavati was founded by Rao Shekhaji (1433-88 ) who was acousin of Jaipur's Kachhwaha rulers.Once upon a time, it encompassed all the territories held by Rao Shekhaji, whose descendants, the Shekhavats, are still in existence.This area is described by the present-day districts of Jhunjhunu and Sikar.
Important Heritage Town and Villages
Jhunjhunu,Nawal Garh,Mandawa,Mahansar,Dundlod,Fatepur,Ramgarh,Lachhmangarh etc
This is a mansion the home of the Marwari merchant.The main reception area, or baithak was usually the best decorated.Beyond was the inner court, the women's apartments.Upstairs were the bedrooms, which were well decorated.Since many havelis were built in stages, rather then at a time, murals date from different periods.Upper floors were built projecting over the facade, so as to provide a protective canopy to the murals against sun and rain.
These were commemorative cenotaphs a dome, supported by four, sixteen, or even thirty-two pillars.The basement was quit large, often surrounded by decorative domes and arches.The domes' insides were covered with frescoes.Often there were arabesques cut into the marble lattices
- In a nutshell:Open Art Gealery
Satyanarayan Temple built by the Goenka family. On the wall of the temples is a huge fresco with modern trappings... more travel advice
Rani Sati Temple The temple commemorates an act of sati (self immolation at husband pyre) by wife of a merchant in the... more travel advice
RAJASTHANBYCAR's Related Pages
Fatehpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shekhawati Heritage World"
- "Fathepur: A town of Hundred Havelis"
- "'The Perfect City'"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fatehpur
- 17 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Fatehpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fatehpur
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi Intro, 94 reviews, 310 photos
- State of Rajasthan Intro, 100 reviews, 288 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agra Intro, 54 reviews, 143 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 34 reviews, 125 photos
- India Intro, 40 reviews, 104 photos
- Udaipur Intro, 26 reviews, 106 photos
- State of Madhya Pradesh Intro, 33 reviews, 98 photos
- State of Haryana Intro, 31 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Himachal Pradesh Intro, 37 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Uttar Pradesh Intro, 40 reviews, 83 photos