"Brajbhoomi Mathura" Mathura by RAJASTHANBYCAR
Mathura Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 72 photos
The City of Mathura is in Uttar Pradesh, the nucleus of Brajbhoomi, is located at a distance of 155 km south-east of Delhi and 60 km north-west of Agra. Today, Brajbhoomi can be divided into two distinct units - the eastern part in the trans-Yamuna tract with places like Gokul, Mahavan, Baldeo, Mat and Bajna and the western side of the Yamuna covering the Mathura region that encompasses Vrindavan, Govardhan, Kusum Sarovar, Barsana and Nandgaon.
Brajbhoomi the land where Shri Krishna was born and spent his youth, has today famous town and hamlets that are still alive with the Krishna legend and still redolent with the music of his flute. Mathura, a little town on the River Yamuna was transformed into a place of faith after Lord Krishna was born here. Vrindavan, a village - once noted for its fragrant groves, is where he spent an eventful youth. There are numerous other little spots in the area that still reverberate with the enchantment of Shri Krishna.
Vrindavan, just 10 km from Mathura, is another major place of pilgrimage. It is noted for its numerous temples both old and modern. The name Vrindavan evokes the playfulness and lovable characteristics of Shri Krishna. This is the wood where he frolicked with the gopis and tenderly wooed Radha.
- In a nutshell:Playground of Lord Krishna
RAJASTHANBYCAR's Related Pages
Mathura Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brajbhoomi Mathura"
- "Bustling Hindu Temple Town Between Delhi and Agra"
- "Mathura, on the way to Agra"
- "An evening at Lord Krishna's home"
- "Mathura Birth Place of Loard 'Krishna'"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mathura
- Hotels in Mathura
- Restaurants in Mathura
- Shopping in Mathura
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mathura
- 13 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Mathura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mathura
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi Intro, 94 reviews, 310 photos
- State of Rajasthan Intro, 100 reviews, 288 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agra Intro, 54 reviews, 143 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 34 reviews, 125 photos
- India Intro, 40 reviews, 104 photos
- Udaipur Intro, 26 reviews, 106 photos
- State of Madhya Pradesh Intro, 33 reviews, 98 photos
- State of Haryana Intro, 31 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Himachal Pradesh Intro, 37 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Uttar Pradesh Intro, 40 reviews, 83 photos