"Random thoughts of a Liberal" Liberal by vanderlust

Liberal Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 0 photos

Things overheard the liberal universe

"the headscarf ban in French schools applies to ALL religious symbols, crosses, stars, yarmukles, whatever....as for me, the less religion I have to be exposed to, the better, frankly."
My reply:
Sorry to offend you with my beliefs. Didn't mean to trample all over your rights.

"I agree on X-mas! Why should one be obliged to participate in this holiday, whether one is religious or not?"
My reply:
No one is obligated to participate in Christmas. I am sure that you enjoy the days off though.

"I'm all for banning all religious symbols, and banning saying "merry christmas" to everyone. The first person who says that to me this glorious and sparkling and joyfilled holiday season is in for a rude awakening, believe you me! ;-) "
My reply:
Merry Christmas! May the love of Christ find your heart someday.

“Also, I think it's also interesting that our conversation has revolved around answering the objections of the white guy!”

“I'm afraid I tend to be of the same opinion as those who pointed out that we should not all expend our energies on arguing with the white male. We need diversity of gender and diversity of race in power. My stance is unashamedly feminist. We need more women in power and I will always give my vote to a woman who is suitable and qualified for the job.”

“If I were hiring someone, I would also go for the person who wasn't the white male.”

“in a white male dominated society, can these white men, as a group, ever be discriminated against?”

“YES! The sisterhood still a long way to overcome sexism, so I would definitely vote for the woman.”

"Add a dose of democracy with free and honest elections and a moral government with social reform to include no or reasonable cost health care and higher education. "
That's not democracy, that is socialism.

"I am a very liberal-minded american and do not have the typical arrogance and stubborness of many of my countrymen."
" I would like to state that there is nothing racist about saying "typical arrogance and stubborness." I did not say this was the case with all americans. Keep in mind that these conditions are perpetuated by the american media and many right-wing religious nuts that unfortunately, have a great deal of control over the ignorant and uninformed here in the USA. I am an American and given the fact that I have lived my whole life, the statement is an obvious fact. The truth should not be comprised over political correctness. Americans as a whole are good people and their strength is in the diverse cultures that make up the populace. Unfortunately, they are also misguided, naive and lack the facts that are often presented by the media in other parts of the world."

Liberal? Certainly not openminded. Being different from a so called liberal and you are labeled arrogant, ignorant, misguided, stubborn, naive, uninformed or just a nut, .

• Pros:Keep them in your prayers
  • Cons:Somehow the meaning of liberal has turned intolerant.
  • In a nutshell:Liberal used to mean open to others ideas, not anymore.
  • Last visit to Liberal: Nov 1992
  • Intro Updated Mar 24, 2008

vanderlust Visits Here Frequently!

vanderlust

“life's a journey, get a window seat”

Badges & Stats in Liberal

Have you been to Liberal?

Latest Activity in Liberal