"SPARKS, NEVADA... LITTLE BROTHER TO RENO" Sparks by travelgourmet
Sparks Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 12 photos
Gambling is what's hot. Sparks do fly at the crap and poker tables at the few small casinos in Victorian Square. The big fire of gambling occurs at John Ascuaga's Nugget Casino Resort on the southwest end of Victorian Square.
In fact, Sparks, named after the then governor of Nevada, circa 1900, John Sparks, started out as a switching yard for Southern Pacific Railroad and was just a little brother to Reno, "the biggest little city in the world". Now, since 1984, the Nugget has brought the crowds into Sparks with the two large towers Resort and Casino. It can't be missed as the main freeway, I-80 runs along side and above part of the Nuggets grounds.
The Victorian Square, itself, is worth a walk around with the Sparks Heritage Museum and the steam engine locomotive display, as well as the several small casinos. There is also the Wild Island Family Adventure water park in Sparks. Mostly, Sparks is home to the many people who work in the gambling industry and all the related businesses that boom due to casinos. So, let the sparks fly in Sparks.
- Pros:A lot quieter than Reno
- Cons:Not much to see, do.
- In a nutshell:If it's gambling you want, you came to the right place.
Located inside John Ascuaga's Nugget Casino Resort, this is a find for seafood. The nautical decor enhances the ambiance... more travel advice
travelgourmet's Related Pages
Sparks Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SPARKS, NEVADA... LITTLE BROTHER TO RENO"
- "City of Promise"
- "M0nd0's Home"
- "Sparks, Nevada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sparks
- Hotels in Sparks
- Nightlife in Sparks
- Restaurants in Sparks
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sparks
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Sparks?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sparks
Photos in SparksSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Westlake Village Intro, 30 reviews, 198 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 29 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avalon Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 26 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 14 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 20 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Obispo Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Temecula Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues