"LAKE LAS VEGAS (Henderson, Nevada)" Top 5 Page for this destination Henderson by travelgourmet
Henderson Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 157 photos
UPDATE 2012: Due to the economy in the area many homes in Las Vegas (1 in 4) are taken over by lenders or in deep financial trouble. Same with Lake Las Vegas. The Ritz-Carlton pulled out and the Reflection Bay Golf Course was doomed. The little Tuscan style village is struggling to stay afloat. It is a great area and sad for the state of the economy to keep locals unemployed and tourists away. I leave my review here and hope the area can recover. The drive to the new bridge overlooking Hoover Dam and Lake Mead is worth at least a stop in Lake Las Vegas for a look at what could be.%c"
Lake Las Vegas is slowly becoming well known. Why? Not many people know that this is part of Henderson, Nevada. They just drive through to the Hoover Dam. Not Las Vegas with the heavy traffic and way too many people. Not a booming city with houses being built on top of houses like most of Henderson, Lake Las Vegas is a world apart and tucked in behind a hill on the eastern edges of Henderson, just before Hoover Dam.
Not only does Lake Las Vegas have the desert air, the warm breeze at night, but many world class resorts, championship golf courses and the lake itself. Homes built around the man made lake are priced from the condo style to the multi-million villas. Some areas, like the South Shore are private and house those that wish to keep a low profile and can afford to do it. The entire complex is starting to become the vision that it was to be, a world class destination.
Montelago Village Resort is done in a Tuscany theme with shops and restaurants giving you the feel of Italy. A casino is scheduled to open on Memorial Weekend, 2011. One hotel, Ravella, is done in a Ponte Vecchio structure next to the Village. Loew's is located out by the Reflection Bay championship golf clubhouse. Other areas are being developed as golf complexes or resort style homes. This is already a great resort area with quiet, starry nights.
- Pros:Quiet, upscale resort area.
- Cons:People like me are spreading the word
- In a nutshell:Time for a separate city name for Lake Las Vegas, not Henderson
The Viera at the MonteLago Village Resort has wonderful views of Lake Las Vegas. Sitting right next door to the Tuscan... more travel advice
travelgourmet's Related Pages
Henderson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LAKE LAS VEGAS (Henderson, Nevada)"
- "Mrs Henderson Presents........."
- "Lake Las Vegas good to call Home"
- "Henderson, Nevada"
- "Bustling Suburb of Las VEgas"
- "Henderson, Nevada, VIBES..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Henderson
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (106)
Have you been to Henderson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Henderson
Photos in HendersonSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Westlake Village Intro, 30 reviews, 198 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 29 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avalon Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 26 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 14 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 20 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Obispo Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Temecula Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues