"HEY HAMILTON! HEY EllenH" Hamilton by travelgourmet

Hamilton Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 59 photos

Home to VTer EllenH

Hamilton may not be on everyone's destination list, but it was on mine due to two reasons. My high school buddy, with whom I lost contact with right out of high school, reunited at the 50th, yes I said 50, high school reunion. He lives with his wife in this little piece of paradise, Hamilton and so does a very active VTer, EllenH. Got to see both and had a great time with my old buddy and his wife at their fantastic home.

Ellen was busy at the "Spice of Life" restaurant, but we still had time to say hello. I also met Ellen's son as well as her husband Joe. Coming from Southern California, I was really amazed at the clean air, quiet nights, beautiful mountains, rivers, and the vistas of Hamilton. The people of Hamilton are very friendly and that doesn't hurt, either. Must return again.

• Pros:Beautiful, quiet town.
  • Cons:A long way to get to.
  • In a nutshell:A nice place to live
  • Intro Updated Mar 3, 2010

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2010 at 4:13 AM

I am here lookiing

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2010 at 8:42 PM

i drove through that part of america a couple of years ago and i promised myself to get back there one day as i found it very facinating.

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Great photo Larry! Ellen was thrilled to meet you. Nice bottle of wine, - Hey, - a gentleman and a scholar, - damn few of us left..... Erik

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2008 at 8:46 AM

It is cool seeing my town through someone elses eyes.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2008 at 8:25 PM

Sounds like a lovely holday Larry!! .....with the special benefit of meeting Ellen too!! Love your river picture....and the deer pix is cute :o) Enjoyed the read. Cheers, Ann :o)

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2008 at 2:58 PM

HA! I never got to eat at The Spice either, Ellen wasn't working and insisted we eat with her and Joe - Great food, great wine and great company!! Cheers, John.

• raytor's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2007 at 5:19 PM

Yeah, Ellen is awesome :-)

travelgourmet

“"It isn't where you've traveled; it's how you arrived."”

Badges & Stats in Hamilton

Have you been to Hamilton?

Latest Activity in Hamilton