"WESTLAKE VILLAGE, WHERE WE SLEEP AT NIGHT" Westlake Village by travelgourmet
Westlake Village Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 223 photos
WELL,THAT'S THE WAY I SEE IT.
Every woman (Home coordinators most likely) has a SUV steering wheel in one hand and talking away with a hands free cell phone. Well, that's the way I see it.
Every man (baby boomer executive especially) has a brand new auto (Mercedes, Lexus, or BMW). Well, that's the way I see it.
Every child (girls chiefly) has designer clothes, designer shoes, designer make-up, and an upscale cell phone stuck in their ear. Well, that's the way I see it.
Every child (boys mainly) has at least four trophies for sports, maybe even one for MVP of benchsitting. Well, that's the way I see it.
Westlakers love their cats and dogs and will make sure that their best friend is well taken care of, even if most people can't even say the breed name. A mutt, heaven forbid! Well, that's the way I see it.
But.....there is the friendly smile on the block/cul-de-sac, the wave of hello from a neighbor, the beautiful large trees that surround where I live, the shrill cry of a quail in the morning, the howl of a coyote at night, and two gorgeous lakes nearby, Westlake Village Lake and Lake Sherwood.
Shopping, restaurants, golf courses, boating, hiking, and child friendly parks abound. Home, sweet home. It's my neck of the woods and I love it. Well, that's the way I see it.
If you are driving through Westlake Village, there is a good chance that you will see the lake. Driving south on Westlake Blvd, and you can glimpse the lake on the left.
Taking Triunfo Canyon Road, east, and the lake is to your left, as well as many of the homes on the lake with backyard docks.
On Lindero Canyon Road, north of Triunfo Canyon Road, the lake and the parking lot entrance to the Landing, is on the left. Try to keep your eyes on the road. The views of the lake are mesmerising.
- Pros:Upscale living in the country
- Cons:Restaurants close too early
- In a nutshell:91361 WV for me.
Octoberfest is a great happy celebration time in Germany. Here in my home town we have a wonderful resort called the... more travel advice
The Gardens of the World in nearby Thousand Oaks, California has six botanical and cultural gardens to walk and enjoy... more travel advice
- See All Opening Night at the Fred Kavli Theatre
- See All AMGEN TOUR OF CALIFORNIA 2010
- See All VINEYARD AT WESTLAKE VILLAGE INN
travelgourmet's Related Pages
Westlake Village Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WESTLAKE VILLAGE, WHERE WE SLEEP AT NIGHT"
- "MarkCortell's Westlake Village page"
- "Beautiful Westlake Village"
- "Angus's new Westlake Village page"
- "SkyPrincess's new Westlake Village Page"
- "West Lake Village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Westlake Village
- Hotels in Westlake Village
- Nightlife in Westlake Village
- Restaurants in Westlake Village
- Warnings and Dangers in Westlake Village
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Westlake Village
- 30 Reviews
- 198 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Westlake Village?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Westlake Village
- Posted in Travel United States of America Forum "Re: Best City "
- updated a Westlake Village Travelogue "Oktoberfest at Stonehaus Westlake Village Inn"
- Uploaded a Video to Westlake Village
- Uploaded a Photo to "Oktoberfest at Stonehaus Westlake Village Inn"
- Wrote a Review Octoberfest at Stonehaus in Westlake Village Local Customs
- Commented on one of travelgourmet's Westlake Village tips
Photos in Westlake VillageSee All Photos (198)
Videos in Westlake VillageSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Westlake Village Intro, 30 reviews, 198 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 29 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avalon Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 26 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 14 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 20 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Obispo Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Temecula Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues