"WESTLAKE VILLAGE, WHERE WE SLEEP AT NIGHT" Westlake Village by travelgourmet

Westlake Village Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 223 photos

UPSCALE, NEW CARS, BEAUTIFUL HOMES, DESIGNER DOGS

WELL,THAT'S THE WAY I SEE IT.

Every woman (Home coordinators most likely) has a SUV steering wheel in one hand and talking away with a hands free cell phone. Well, that's the way I see it.

Every man (baby boomer executive especially) has a brand new auto (Mercedes, Lexus, or BMW). Well, that's the way I see it.

Every child (girls chiefly) has designer clothes, designer shoes, designer make-up, and an upscale cell phone stuck in their ear. Well, that's the way I see it.

Every child (boys mainly) has at least four trophies for sports, maybe even one for MVP of benchsitting. Well, that's the way I see it.

Westlakers love their cats and dogs and will make sure that their best friend is well taken care of, even if most people can't even say the breed name. A mutt, heaven forbid! Well, that's the way I see it.

BUT.....

But.....there is the friendly smile on the block/cul-de-sac, the wave of hello from a neighbor, the beautiful large trees that surround where I live, the shrill cry of a quail in the morning, the howl of a coyote at night, and two gorgeous lakes nearby, Westlake Village Lake and Lake Sherwood.
Shopping, restaurants, golf courses, boating, hiking, and child friendly parks abound. Home, sweet home. It's my neck of the woods and I love it. Well, that's the way I see it.

THE VIEW OF THE LAKE

If you are driving through Westlake Village, there is a good chance that you will see the lake. Driving south on Westlake Blvd, and you can glimpse the lake on the left.
Taking Triunfo Canyon Road, east, and the lake is to your left, as well as many of the homes on the lake with backyard docks.
On Lindero Canyon Road, north of Triunfo Canyon Road, the lake and the parking lot entrance to the Landing, is on the left. Try to keep your eyes on the road. The views of the lake are mesmerising.

• Pros:Upscale living in the country
  • Cons:Restaurants close too early
  • In a nutshell:91361 WV for me.
  • Intro Updated Jul 22, 2011

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Larry,thanks for taking me on a virtual tour of your hometown.The food is amazing and so are the gardens.

• Kaspian's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Man, those "animal fries" look fantastic!! Think I just drooled all over my keyboard.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2011 at 2:55 PM

A wonderful hometown! Nice page Larry!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Larry-
    These hotel prices correct? Seem low.....

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Hi, Larry~! I see it's a very nice place !

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2010 at 5:37 AM

Serrano Ham, Meats, Seafoods . . . .i not that both of you love your fine meals, so do I . Pne day, we'll break bread together with a glass or two ;-p

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2010 at 10:04 AM

OH, so, I missed the rack of lamb AND Firenze's--sounds divine--need to make another trip north soon.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Larry....loving the "Dracula" in you :)

• diosh's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2010 at 4:56 AM

We had 'pulled pork' at a London 'BoDean's' restaurant, for my son's birthday meal. Scrummyy!Exactly the same dish as at your 'BJ's', with that delicious coleslaw and fries:-)

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2010 at 5:30 PM

I never would have taken you for a 'pulled-pork' man! Then again, yes...maybe yes...not a designer burger for you! I love pulled pork...hot! Janet

travelgourmet Visits Here Frequently!

travelgourmet

“"It isn't where you've traveled; it's how you arrived."”

Badges & Stats in Westlake Village

Have you been to Westlake Village?

Videos in Westlake Village