Temecula Shopping Tips by travelgourmet Top 5 Page for this destination

Temecula Shopping: 8 reviews and 9 photos

HARD TO CHOOSE JUST ONE - Temecula

HARD TO CHOOSE JUST ONE

TEMECULA OLIVE OIL COMPANY: OIL, OLIVE OIL, THAT IS.

OLIVE OIL. Yes, a store that is dedicated to the precious oil, olive oil, that is. This store has many types of olive oils, eight that I counted, from a limited production Fresh Basil olive oil to my favorite, the Roasted Garlic olive oil, as well as the different artisan foods that accompany fine dining are ready to pack and take home with you. The best part of the store is that they are family owned, grow their own olive groves, and process their own product. As they say, "May "olive" your dreams come true".

Temecula Olive Oil Company now has two locations. This one in Old Town Temecula and a new store in Old Town San Diego. 2754 Calhoun St. #1, Plaza Del Pasado. Phone 619 293-7515. Look for them if you are in either Old Town, Temecula or San Diego.

What to buy: My wife insisted that I try all eight varieties of olive oil at home with the many dishes that I now and then create. Of course, my wife is a gourmet cook, while I am the chef, so her word is solid. Eight bottles of olive oil, well, 7 1/2 bottles now. I tried out the Fresh Basil on some feta cheese, coated in grated black pepper. Simple, but oh, so yummy.

Address: 28653 Old Town Front Street, Temecula, CA

Directions: Old Town Temecula.

Phone: 951 693-0607

Theme: Food and Drink

Website: http://www.temeculaoliveoil.com

• Updated Jun 24, 2008
ANTIQUE ITEMS INSIDE - Temecula

ANTIQUE ITEMS INSIDE

THE COUNTRY PORCH: NOT JUST OLD BUT AN ANTIQUE

The Country Porch. Makes you think of sitting on a rocking chair on an old dilapidated wood floor, sipping a cool cider. In reality, it is a store located in Temecula full of old stuff. Junk to some, gold to others. Oh, and the old stuff is referred to as antique. To be old is one thing and not of value. To be an antique the price tag goes up. Way up. I remember spotting an antique lunch pail that looked a lot like the one I threw away in third grade because it was old. Well, that old became antique and the price became priceless.

Antique stores in the past have always made me feel like I was looking for a handout. Now, I better have my wallet stuffed, because it feels more like an upscale department store. At least, the Country Porch felt that way. Wow! Hold on to that old pipe that Uncle Bill hung off his lower lip. It might be a hand made, rare wood, one of a kind, major pipe artist name that is hard to find today and worth a fortune. Come on, I've watched the Antique Road Show on the old telly and some of those old things shown by the program are true antiques worth up to $50,000. If you think that's blowing smoke in your eyes. Look inside an antique store in your neighborhood. If only I could find something that was old that one day could become an antique. Guess I'll have to wait a few more years and then have a good look in the mirror.

What to buy: The Country Porch is for the antique buff. If you are into really, really old stuff that might be half worn out or hasn't been in production for over 50 years then you are into antiques. I must admit that even I saw a few things that made me remember my childhood but I have a hard time buying something old for a lot of money when I can buy something new for a lot less. What is fun is to walk through the Country Porch and see how many things you can remember that were commonplace in your youth but hard to find now. Who knows, you may become so attached to that old, I mean antique, pot you spot that you will have to have it. If you purchase something, you just might be turning into an antique buff.

What to pay: If hard to find, one of a kind, a lot.

Address: 28693 Old Town Front Street, Temecula, CA

Directions: Old Town Temecula

Phone: 951 506-4425

Theme: Antiques

• Updated Apr 4, 2011
LEATHER'S OLD TOWN LEATHER SHOP - Temecula

LEATHER'S OLD TOWN LEATHER SHOP

OLD TOWN LEATHER: BIKERS LEATHER SHOP

Leather is the shop, leather is the goods, Leather is the man, and it is bikers heaven. The owner of this shop, Leather, makes most of his goods for those that take to the road with two wheels. His label is "Bonewrap" biker gear, but he sells all sorts of accessories for the biker.

What to buy: Leather's "Bonewrap" label gear is only availble at the store. Check out his webpage for the catalog page and photo page.

Address: 28690 Old Town Front St. Temecula, CA

Directions: Located in the Butterfield Square in Old Town Temecula.

Phone: 951 757-6972

Theme: Local Craft

Website: http://www.oldtownleather.50megs.com

• Written Jun 24, 2008

travelgourmet

“"It isn't where you've traveled; it's how you arrived."”

Badges & Stats in Temecula

Have you been to Temecula?

Latest Activity in Temecula