"TEMECULA, WINE AND DINE DESTINATION" Top 5 Page for this destination Temecula by travelgourmet

Temecula Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 210 photos

OLD TOWN TEMECULA, A GREAT WEEK-END GETAWAY

Temecula, California is located south of Corona and north of San Diego on the I-15 highway. Easy to reach by car, this is one city that is growing by leaps and bounds. Becoming famous for the wine that is produced in the Temecula Valley, the city also has a wonderful part called "Old Town" that was established in 1859.

Many motels, hotels, B&B's are located in and around Temecula as are Indian Casinos, Pechanga and Pala, for those that want a little Las Vegas with their wine country tasting tour. Pechanga is a mega resort with eight restaurants and over 2000 slot and video gambling games. Old Town grabs the old west and antique stores get the attention. Restaurants and bars line Front Street for a little relaxing time in Old Town.

• In a nutshell:Great California Wine Country in Southern California
  • Intro Updated Dec 14, 2010

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Hi Larry, greets from Aix where I am enjoying a big, hearty local cab/syrah before I head out for dinner. BTW, that is a scary pic! Karl

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Great page Larry! My sister and her daughter finally stopped along the way to see me to explore this area. Shannon didn't realize how neat it was here. I know I had fun exploring it.

• valerie7277's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2010 at 7:15 AM

Great tips Larry! I love the photo of Jason Weber!

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Nice write up of an old 'haunt' of ours! had Itold you that we lived in Oceanside for many yrs prior to retiring to Baja Sur, n frequented the Temecula area; one of my girlfriends was a oenologist then at Cilurzo....don't know if it's still there or not.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Excellent tips. Must see if I can get hold of some Temecula wine. Had some other Californian wines which was very nice indeed ;-)

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2009 at 3:35 PM

It looks inviting to see the sun and beauty around your area. I used to travel a lot to San Fran, San Diego, LA, but most and best around Newport Beach region. Great State

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Nice to see Temecula tips, Larry! My sister got married in a nice winery there (magical wedding with windmill) -- I forgot the name...it is a ncie place...Norman :)

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Well done King Larry!! I like your style and see that Temecula has change quite a bit from the last time I was there! Thanks!!

• brewjohnson's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Nice Temecula page, Larry. I'll have to give Baily's a try.

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2008 at 7:32 AM

Hi Larry! It's really a winner's page! Congratulations for the great job done. I enjoyed the Baloon video. I did lot of flying during my collage days but never on a Baloon. India lacks all these sports.

travelgourmet

“"It isn't where you've traveled; it's how you arrived."”

Badges & Stats in Temecula

Have you been to Temecula?

Latest Activity in Temecula