"CALIFORNIA'S I-5 OASIS" Santa Nella by travelgourmet
Santa Nella Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 6 photos
Santa Nella is in the middle of nowhere for most tourists driving from Reno, Nevada on the I-80 to the I-5 for Los Angeles, both cities are about four hours driving time away from Santa Nella, sitting like a mirage or oasis alone the lonely I-5 highway that links Los Angeles to Sacramento, the state capitol. Can't really call it a town, but more of a road stop that you can spot by the windmill of the Anderson's Pea Soup restaurant. Within a couple of blocks are gasoline stations, restaurants, and hotel/motels. From San Francisco or Sacramento, it is only about 115 miles away or not quite a two hours drive with not that much in-between. This is the agriculture center of California as well as cattleland. Little towns and villages may dot the landscape with not much in the way of restaurants and hotel/motels on the stretch between Sacramento and Los Angeles, except for Bakersfield that is a two and a half hour drive from Santa Nella and almost a 2 hour drive to Los Angeles from Bakersfield. So, all you lonely people looking for that gasoline pit stop, Santa Nella is the place. Nearby towns are Gustine and Los Banos, but not on the I-5.
- Pros:A great place to stop over to sleep, eat, and gas up the car.
- Cons:Nothing much to do.
- In a nutshell:Glad it's there for that I-5 road trip.
This family farm is located in Bakersfield, about 2 1/2 hour drive south of Santa Nella. I add it because it is open... more travel advice
travelgourmet's Related Pages
Santa Nella Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Santa Nella
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (106)
Have you been to Santa Nella?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Nella
Photos in Santa NellaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Westlake Village Intro, 30 reviews, 198 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 29 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avalon Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 26 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 14 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 20 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Obispo Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Temecula Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues