Pismo Beach Hotel Tips by travelgourmet Top 5 Page for this destination
Pismo Beach Hotels: 7,070 reviews and 23 photos
GAZEBO BY THE SEA
Pismo Beach has a lot of hotel/motels to choose among, but in my opinion, none come close to the Shore Cliff Lodge when it comes to the view. Magnificent is all I can say of the beauty that is just outside your balcony. I didn't want to go out, that's how much I enjoyed the view.
The hotel has great sound proofing on the walls and the balcony door left open allows the full sound of the crashing waves able to fill the spacious room. The bedding is first class and sleep comes easy with the ocean breeze. This is a case of photos say more than my words, so I have a travelogue on the property as well as a movie of the ocean waves beneath the balcony. The staff are very helpful and cheerful. I felt welcomed from the first greeting until I departed. Only 11 miles to San Luis Obispo and within an hour to Cambria, Morro Bay, or Paso Robles wine country.
Unique Qualities: Great views, great pool and spa, great location.
Address: 2555 Price St, Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Comparison: about average
Directions: Off hwy 101 at Shell Beach and take Price St. toward town to hotel.
Phone: 800 441-8885
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS RECEPTION BUILDING
Location is key to this Holiday Inn Express. Within a couple of miles are the Outlet Stores of Pismo Beach, the main street of Pismo Beach, the smooth sand beaches, the fishing pier at Pismo Beach, and the Monarch Butterfly Grove. Within ten miles and you are at the Pismo sand dunes, San Luis Obispo, the start of Hwy 1, Avila Beach, and Edna Valley wineries. Many fine restaurants are located nearby.
The hotel has two separate buildings and a lobby in the center of the driveway. One building is next to Oak Park Blvd and tends to be a little noisy. Try to get a room in the 2nd building that is not near the street. I asked for a room in the 2nd building and it was very quiet at night. The room was spacious with an outside balcony but the downside is that the A/C unit was old fashioned and did not get cold enough for my liking. Price wise, it is hard to beat the nightly charge considering that this is a prime area near the beaches and the wine country of San Luis Obispo. The reception staff were friendly and helpful which made for a pleasant stay. Now, if the A/C could get a little cooler.
Unique Qualities: The bed was very comfortable and being king size even better. The pool and spa are a little bit of a walk down a hill but very private. The included buffet breakfast was very nice featuring a cheese omelet and sausage patty one day and scrambled eggs and bacon the next day.
Address: 775 N.OAK PARK BLVD. GROVER BEACH, CA 93433 UNITED STATES
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Located off Hwy 101, just south of Pismo Beach and west off the Oak Park Blvd. offramp.
More Reviews (5)
travelgourmet's Related Pages
Pismo Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home away from home :)"
- "Pismo Beach, CA, An Enjoyable Place To Be"
- "PISMO BEACH SAND AND SURF"
- "A Long Weekend of Wonderful Nothing"
- "A night in Pismo"
- "Classic California Beach Town"
- "Pismo Beach A Change of Pace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pismo Beach
- Hotels in Pismo Beach
- Transportation in Pismo Beach
- Nightlife in Pismo Beach
- Restaurants in Pismo Beach
- Shopping in Pismo Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Pismo Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pismo Beach
- 7 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Pismo Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pismo Beach
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Re: Suggestions for a day itinerary"
- Commented on one of travelgourmet's Pismo Beach travelogues
- updated a Pismo Beach Travelogue "A SEAGULLS TALE"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A SEAGULLS TALE"
- Wrote a Review NEAR THE PISMO BEACH OUTLET STORES in Pismo Beach Hotels
- Uploaded a Video to Pismo Beach
Photos in Pismo BeachSee All Photos (43)
Videos in Pismo BeachSee All Videos (2)
Read real reviews about Pismo Beach Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Westlake Village Intro, 30 reviews, 198 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 29 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avalon Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 26 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 14 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 20 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Obispo Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Temecula Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues