"PISMO BEACH SAND AND SURF" Top 5 Page for this destination Pismo Beach by travelgourmet
Pismo Beach Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 177 photos
Pismo Beach is known for the largest smooth sand beach on the Pacific Coast. The home of the Pismo Clam with the clean smooth sand giving a mile long playground for beach activities on shore as well as in the sea. You can see board surfers, kite surfers, and skim boarders having fun every day. Clammers do appear with their clam forks and strong backs digging into the soft sand trying to get the prized Pismo Clam. Clam chowder and fish & chips are two mainstay food dishes in Pismo Beach.
Located at the midway point between Los Angeles and Monterey, Pismo Beach is the perfect getaway weekend or stopover. Many hotels and motels as well as restaurants fill the streets of Pismo Beach while the sound of the ocean waves fill the clean crisp ocean air. A great website shows the video of Pismo Beach. Thanks via Courtesy Pismo Beach Conference & Visitors Bureau for the use of the video.
When one is on a holiday or even an overnighter at a beach town, fun is in the air. Something about the salt spray air, the smell of the ocean, the warmth of the sand and the screeching of the seagulls. One of my travelogues is a short story you may get a kick out of, or you may want to kick me if you read it. Either way, it is A SEAGULLS TALE for your amusement. Enjoy!
- Pros:Beach is one of the best in the West
- Cons:Water is a little cool and look out for the seagulls.
- In a nutshell:A wonderful weekend getaway
Location is key to this Holiday Inn Express. Within a couple of miles are the Outlet Stores of Pismo Beach, the main... more travel advice
Drive on past Pismo Beach on Hwy 101 and you have missed the highlight of seafood eating, a clam chowder bowl. You can... more travel advice
travelgourmet's Related Pages
Pismo Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home away from home :)"
- "Pismo Beach, CA, An Enjoyable Place To Be"
- "PISMO BEACH SAND AND SURF"
- "A Long Weekend of Wonderful Nothing"
- "A night in Pismo"
- "Classic California Beach Town"
- "Pismo Beach A Change of Pace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pismo Beach
- Hotels in Pismo Beach
- Transportation in Pismo Beach
- Nightlife in Pismo Beach
- Restaurants in Pismo Beach
- Shopping in Pismo Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Pismo Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pismo Beach
- 7 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Pismo Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pismo Beach
- Posted in Travel United States of America Forum "Re: Best City "
- updated a Pismo Beach Travelogue "A SEAGULLS TALE"
- Commented on one of travelgourmet's Pismo Beach travelogues
- Uploaded a Photo to "A SEAGULLS TALE"
- Wrote a Review NEAR THE PISMO BEACH OUTLET STORES in Pismo Beach Hotels
- Uploaded a Video to Pismo Beach
Photos in Pismo BeachSee All Photos (43)
Videos in Pismo BeachSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Westlake Village Intro, 30 reviews, 198 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 29 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avalon Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 26 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 14 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 20 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Obispo Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Temecula Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues