"PEBBLE BEACH GOLFERS PARADISE" Top 5 Page for this destination Pebble Beach by travelgourmet
Pebble Beach Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 390 photos
Not quite in Carmel-by-the-Sea and not quite in Pacific Grove, but Pebble Beach is on the coast of California by Monterey Bay. A private gated community that everyone can visit for the price of admission. Pebble Beach. Say those words and one may think of championship golf courses, the Seventeen Mile Drive, mansions of the very rich, beautiful trees, sandy beaches, ocean vistas and deer. Yes, all of these sights are on the Drive. But, what was that one thing mentioned. Deer? Yes, deer are located on the green, green grass of home for the deer or the three golf courses along the Seventeen Mile Drive. Some golfers have had to play around these now tame deer if the deer are enjoying the grass. If you take the Seventeen Mile Drive, there is a good possibility that you will spot the deer on one of the golf course greens near the road.
While on the Drive you will pass by the Inn at Spanish Bay. On the several times that I have taken the Drive, I have stopped here to refresh my palate with a libation in the bar facing one of the greens or with a snack from the resorts restaurant. If you are so inclined, it is open to the public to visit the resort portion with no entry requirement except to be wearing resort attire. After all it is a world class resort. The Martinis are superb at the bar called Traps.
You can enter the Seventeen Mile Drive from the two most known entry toll gates in the towns of Carmel-by-the-Sea at the toll booth on San Antonio Street or the Monterey side through the beach community of Pacific Grove via the Sunset Drive toll gate. Whichever way you enter the Drive, the scenery is worth the price of admission which, at last check, $10.00 per car. It is the only way to see the Lone Cypress. Hey, get some sandwiches before entering the Drive and eat at the many table benches along the route. At least you'll feel like the very rich for that short time at the table gazing out at the magnificent ocean views while enjoying your very own meal at Pebble Beach. Don't forget the Grey Poupon.
- Pros:GETTING TO SEE THE FABULOUS VIEWS AND GOLF RESORTS
- Cons:HAVING TO PAY TO DRIVE A TOLL ROAD
- In a nutshell:HOME OF THE RICH AND FAMOUS BUT YOU CAN VISIT
Warning. It cost money to take the 17 Mile Drive and you pay the fee ($10) at the entrance toll gates. Warning. Don't... more travel advice
travelgourmet's Related Pages
Pebble Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Golfer's Paradise or Lonely Cypress?"
- "Pebble Beach is my favorite coastline in the world"
- "Pebble Beach: Nice views and expensive meals"
- "PEBBLE BEACH GOLFERS PARADISE"
- "PEBBLE BEACH - & The 17-Mile Drive!"
- "Views within the 17 Mile Drive at Pebble Beach"
- "cycling through a famous golf course."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pebble Beach
- Hotels in Pebble Beach
- Transportation in Pebble Beach
- Nightlife in Pebble Beach
- Restaurants in Pebble Beach
- Shopping in Pebble Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Pebble Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pebble Beach
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Pebble Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pebble Beach
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Re: Suggestions for a day itinerary"
- Commented on one of travelgourmet's Pebble Beach travelogues
- updated a Pebble Beach Travelogue "Views within the 17 Mile Drive at Pebble Beach"
- Wrote a Review 17 MILE DRIVE OVERALL WARNING AND DANGERS in Pebble Beach Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "PEBBLE BEACH GOLFERS PARADISE"
Top 10 Pages
- Westlake Village Intro, 30 reviews, 198 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 29 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avalon Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 26 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 14 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 20 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Obispo Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Temecula Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues