"HOME TO THE CALIFORNIA STATE FLOWER" Top 5 Page for this destination Lancaster by travelgourmet
Lancaster Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 148 photos
Lancaster sits in the Antelope Valley, approximately 60 miles east of Los Angeles. It is a bargain in the housing industry for first time buyers and those seeking the high desert air and open spaces. Aerospace is the top business sector with the home to the Space Shuttles and aircraft building being the draw to the area. There is a Fairgrounds and a professional baseball stadium in town. Hotels, shopping malls, and restaurants are all first class.
Being a visitor in Spring with the desert wildflowers as well as the golden poppy in full bloom is a treat for those interested in nature's ways. Something special about the desert flora. The Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve is well worth a visit to view the state flower. The latest hot spot for tourists in the area is the only Musical Road in all of the Americas. I took a video of this Musical Road for those of you that may not get to the area. But, if you get the opportunity to ride the road, do it.
On weekend getaways or visiting relatives in a town too far to drive to and back home in one day, it is nice to stay at... more travel advice
If you have the time and you are near the Antelope Valley, about 70 miles from downtown Los Angeles, 58 miles from the... more travel advice
travelgourmet's Related Pages
Lancaster Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Land of Sand!"
- "HOME TO THE CALIFORNIA STATE FLOWER"
- "Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve"
- "Engineer's Dream ... Adventurer's Nightmare"
- "Basaic Lancaster Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lancaster
- Hotels in Lancaster
- Transportation in Lancaster
- Nightlife in Lancaster
- Restaurants in Lancaster
- Shopping in Lancaster
- Warnings and Dangers in Lancaster
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lancaster
- 8 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Lancaster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lancaster
- Posted in Travel Los Angeles Forum "Re: what is this street called?"
- Commented on one of travelgourmet's Lancaster videos
- updated a Lancaster Travelogue "ANTELOPE VALLEY CALIFORNIA POPPY RESERVE"
- Wrote a Review JUST OFF THE 14 FREEWAY IN... in Lancaster Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "JUST OFF THE 14 FREEWAY IN LANCASTER"
- Uploaded a Video to Lancaster
Photos in LancasterSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Westlake Village Intro, 30 reviews, 198 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 29 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avalon Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 26 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 14 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 20 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Obispo Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Temecula Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues