Julian Off The Beaten Path Tips by travelgourmet Top 5 Page for this destination
Julian Off The Beaten Path: 4 reviews and 9 photos
HIGH ON A HILL SITS THE CASINO
Julian is not that large of town. It is a quaint historic town of old buildings and stories are told of the days of gold mining. The big draw to Julian is apples. Tourists want to see the apples, pick the apples, and have a great treat of fresh apple pie. Well, then if that is your idea of a little road trip in Southern California, great, but do it from late September and October when the apples are aplenty. But, go any month of the year and you can totally chill out at a B & B, read a little bit, relax a little bit, eat, drink, sleep. I think you get the picture.
Of course, if you get tired of sitting around the town or your hotel or B&B, then for a little excitement head on over to Santa Ysabel and the lipay Nation of Santa Ysabel Casino. Yes, a real gaming location within a short twenty minute drive from Julian. Located on Hwy 79 between Santa Ysabel and Warner Springs. They are open Sunday - Thursday 6:30am to 2:00am adn Friday and Saturday open 24 hours. They have enough slot machines to keep your fingers humming. They have blackjack and poker tourneys. Happy hour at the 7 Oaks Bar and Lounge from 3pm-6pm Monday-Thursday and live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights from 7pm to 11pm. If you get hungry, a very good restaurant is on site, The Orchard. Hey, you can be back to Julian to sleep the night away in just a few minutes.
Phone: 760 787-2201
More Reviews (13)
travelgourmet's Related Pages
Julian Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Julian~Step Back In Time"
- "eMtnMan's Guide to Julian, California"
- "JULIAN, CALIFORNIA APPLE COUNTRY"
- "An Apple Pie Vacation in Julian"
- "Weekend Retreat"
- "Julian, California"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Julian
- Hotels in Julian
- Transportation in Julian
- Nightlife in Julian
- Restaurants in Julian
- Shopping in Julian
- Warnings and Dangers in Julian
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Julian
- 14 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (109)
Have you been to Julian?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Julian
Photos in JulianSee All Photos (65)
Top 10 Pages
- Westlake Village Intro, 30 reviews, 198 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 29 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avalon Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 26 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 14 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 20 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Obispo Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Temecula Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues