"JULIAN, CALIFORNIA APPLE COUNTRY" Top 5 Page for this destination Julian by travelgourmet
Julian Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 150 photos
Julian, California is a rural mountain town in San Diego County. The population in town is only 300 full and part-time residents. Getting to Julian is half the fun with wonderful mountain scenery and large boulders hugging the road along the way. Julian is a historic gold mining town about an one hour drive east from San Diego or south via Temecula. Today, it is better known for the apples that grow in this crisp, clean air that make wonderful apple pies. B & B's seem to be everywhere and the town is known for it's quiet nights and clear days.
This is where you can chill out and get to know yourself, your mate, or your family without too many pots on the burner. Honeymoons seem like a natural here. There is just enough to do to keep everyone from getting cabin fever and what you can do is take a wonderful hike in the hills, shop the boutique shops, visit the historic buildings that house businesses, eat at one of the restaurants (apple pie, anyone?), ride a horse drawn carriage, ride a train, visit the local wineries, gamble at a nearby casino or just snuggle up with a good book at your B & B. There's even more to do, but how much can you do in a couple of days and relax, too.
- Pros:CHARMING RURAL MOUNTAIN TOWN .
- Cons:Apples are only picked September-November
- In a nutshell:A great weekend getaway for Southern California
Located within the former Fire House for Julian, the Candied Apple Pastry Company with the slogan "Impeccable to the... more travel advice
You look up the street in Julian, a small rural mountain town, and see yesterday. From the old fashioned Town Hall, the... more travel advice
travelgourmet's Related Pages
Julian Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "eMtnMan's Guide to Julian, California"
- "JULIAN, CALIFORNIA APPLE COUNTRY"
- "An Apple Pie Vacation in Julian"
- "Weekend Retreat"
- "Julian, California"
- "An Apple A Day...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Julian
- Hotels in Julian
- Transportation in Julian
- Nightlife in Julian
- Restaurants in Julian
- Shopping in Julian
- Warnings and Dangers in Julian
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Julian
- 14 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Julian?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Julian
- Posted in Travel Hawaii (Big Island) Forum "Re: Can't decide - Captain Cook..."
- Commented on one of travelgourmet's Julian travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "TAKE A HIKE"
- updated a Julian Travel Page "JULIAN, CALIFORNIA APPLE COUNTRY"
- Wrote a Review TRADITIONAL RED CANDIED CINNAMON APPLE in Julian Restaurants
Photos in JulianSee All Photos (65)
Top 10 Pages
- Westlake Village Intro, 28 reviews, 180 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 29 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avalon Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 26 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 14 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 20 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Obispo Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Temecula Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues