"LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW!" Frazier Park by travelgourmet
Frazier Park Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 24 photos
Just off the main artery of traffic flow of the I-5 from Northern California to Southern California near Gorman is the isolated town of Frazier Park. This is an ideal location for snow play for those who are in the San Fernando Valley or even Los Angeles, as it is within an hour drive.vMore of a community than a town but it comes alive when it snows. Gorman is the point of stoppage when there are snow storms on the "Grapevine" road (I-5), so that means that Frazier Park gets a lot of snow and that brings out the toboggans, sleds, saucers, inner-tubes of tires and even cardboard boxes. Hey, you want to slide down a hill of snow and all you have is a cardboard box, so go for it. Snow brings out the child in all of us and Fraizier Park during the winter months has the location. See the mountian communities website: http://www.frazmtn.com/fmcoc/index.html
The snow is gone. The heat has come with summer and the hiking trails are open. One of the best hikes is on the McGill Trail. This is about a 4 mile hike and beginners love it. You should not get lost on this trail as it is marked and at the top of the trial is the McGill Camp grounds where you can stay overnight. Many other trails are in the area for the hiking family. See the website:
You want a little getaway to a beautiful, calm mountain area and you want it now. Okay, take a look at today's weather for Frazier Park about an hour's drive from Los Angeles. As stated above, winter for snow and summer for hiking, Frazier Park is an ideal getaway for the day. See: http://www.frazmtn.com/fmcoc/snowcond.htm
travelgourmet's Related Pages
Frazier Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~Frazier Park~"
- "KoreanBeauty's new Pine Mountain Club/Frazier Park"
- "Beautiful Mountain Area"
- "LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Frazier Park
- Transportation in Frazier Park
- Restaurants in Frazier Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Frazier Park
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Frazier Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frazier Park
Top 10 Pages
- Westlake Village Intro, 30 reviews, 198 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 29 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avalon Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 26 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 14 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 20 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Obispo Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Temecula Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues