"CIVITAVECCHIA, CIAO ROMA!" Top 5 Page for this destination Civitavecchia by travelgourmet
Civitavecchia Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 95 photos
"Buongiorno Signora e Signori! Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen. This is your Captain speaking, I would like to welcome you to Civitavecchia, the port of Rome." These are the words that come over the intercom on board a cruise ship on arrival at the dock in Civitavecchia. Hard enough to say if you don't speak Italian. "CHEE..V..TAA..VICKY.. AH" is the way to say "Civitavecchia." If you think that the port city name is hard to say, then it is just as hard to figure out how to get to Roma. Going in for the day is a lot easier than going into Roma for a stay over night or longer. Please make it longer if you can. Rome is a cornucopia of new sights and experiences, no matter how many times you may go.
Arriving by cruise ship, the luggage could become a problem if you are staying in Rome or going to the airport for a flight out. The modes of transportation vary as to cost, so check your wallet and decide which is the best way to get to Rome. Train, transfer bus, taxi, or private car or van, the price goes up as well as the ease with each mode of transportation. See my VT Transportation Tips for Civitavecchia to Rome. If you are in for the day as a port stop, the train is fine because you will not need to bring along your luggage to get to Rome. Hey, you may just want to stay in Civitavecchia. Not that much to do but you can stretch your sea legs, get a bite to eat, and walk around the main street that is the tourist zone. There is the Forte Michelangelo, the Museo Nazionale and the Duomo that are interesting to see. A few hotels are located right near the port as well.
- Pros:Cruise port for Rome with few tourists in town
- Cons:An industrial port with a small if any tourist zone.
- In a nutshell:A hard to pronounce name for a port city
There are more than a few restaurants in Civitavecchia, some are more upscale than others. A family style restaurant... more travel advice
travelgourmet's Related Pages
Civitavecchia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CIVITAVECCHIA, CIAO ROMA!"
- "Civitavecchia, Italy"
- "..so I left Roma, my home town, for Civitavecchia!"
- "The "Port of Rome""
- "The Port for Rome"
- "THE PORT OF ROME"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Civitavecchia
- Transportation in Civitavecchia
- Restaurants in Civitavecchia
- Warnings and Dangers in Civitavecchia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Civitavecchia
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 28 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Civitavecchia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Civitavecchia
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Re: Suggestions for a day itinerary"
- Commented on one of grandmaR's Civitavecchia travel pages
- Wrote a Review SEAFOOD FRESH FROM IN FRONT OF THE DOOR in Civitavecchia Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "SEAFOOD FRESH FROM IN FRONT OF THE DOOR"
- updated a Civitavecchia Travel Page "CIVITAVECCHIA, CIAO ROMA!"
Photos in CivitavecchiaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Westlake Village Intro, 30 reviews, 198 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 29 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avalon Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 26 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 14 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 20 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Obispo Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Temecula Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues