"Quiet Nights,Beautiful Sights...Venice" Venice by travelgourmet
Venice Travel Guide: 8,290 reviews and 21,969 photos
Cruising into Venice is about the only way to get to St. Marks Square from a tourist's viewpoint. No matter how you arrive, via plane, train, car, or boat, you will eventually have to go by water to get there. What an entrance!
The sight before you is one that is hard to equal anywhere in the world. The overwhelming charm of water meeting buildings of exquisite design and magnitude is beyond words. You must personally experience the splendor of colors before you to understand the feeling. Don't forget to visit two of the neighboring Islands, Murano (Venetian glass) and Burano ( handmade lace and colorful homes), both a short vaporetto ride away. My wife's favorite city in the world. Well, maybe Paris or Rome might be right up there, as well.
- Pros:Venice offers many wonderful sights in a compact area.
- Cons:the water has an off odor in the canals.
- In a nutshell:One of the most romantic cities in the world
Murano is only a short vaporetto ride away from St. Marks Square. Why not go directly to the source of hand blown glass.... more travel advice
Carnevale di Venezia ( Carnival of Venice ) is a must visit at least once in your lifetime, and to get into the spirit... more travel advice
travelgourmet's Related Pages
Venice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wandering around Venice with Suvanki"
- "Amore eterno per Venezia la Serenissima :-)"
- "Venice – the City of Art"
- "Vacations in Venice"
- "MERAVIGLIOSA VENEZIA"
- "Giacomo CASANOVA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Venice
- Hotels in Venice
- Transportation in Venice
- Nightlife in Venice
- Restaurants in Venice
- Shopping in Venice
- Warnings and Dangers in Venice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Venice
- 7 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 75 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (109)
Have you been to Venice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Venice
- Posted in Travel Santa Monica Forum "Re: First timer to the beach. "
- updated a Venice Travel Page "Quiet Nights,Beautiful Sights...Venice"
- Commented on one of csordila's Venice travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "MAMA MIA, THE COLORS, THE COLORS."
- Wrote a Review MURANO FOR GLASS about Murano Glassware in Venice Shopping
Photos in VeniceSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Westlake Village Intro, 30 reviews, 198 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 29 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avalon Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 26 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malibu Intro, 14 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 20 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Obispo Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Temecula Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues