"Month of May" Paris by travelgourmet

Paris Travel Guide: 22,793 reviews and 56,492 photos

See Paris and walk

Bonjour! City of lights, city of beauty, city of walking. Love the walk from the left bank along the River. The sights, sounds, and scents are all delicious. I love Paris! I love the people of France. Try to speak a little French and you will get a smile and an attempt by Parisians to speak your native tongue, as well. Viva La France!
My wife and I walked 7 miles one way and back again, always with something new and fascinating to see along the way. Choose any street, they are all exciting and beautiful.
There are many tips on Paris from Parisians that know their city the best. I have but two offerings One is my favorite street in Paris, Rue des Martyrs. I must say that the restaurants in Paris are all excellent, but one stood out for me, in my opinion, and I must include a tip for that one restaurant that made my day. Apprécier!

• Pros:The vibrance of the city. La joie de vivre.
  • Cons:I wish I could speak better French. Mais bien sur.
  • In a nutshell:I love Paris, in the springtime, for sure, for sure.
  • Intro Updated Mar 17, 2013

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2010 at 5:20 PM

NIce page and moi aussi...I would love to speak better French.

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Another tip you could have written about is 3, rue du Volta. It is only because of your comment on psmalo's paris page that I learned of it. Got a great view of it on google map.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2010 at 5:23 AM

I enjoyed reading your enthusiastic introduction and tip -- even though I would never go to that sort of restaurant (not my scene, quite apart from the prices). Glad you had a good walk around Paris!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Mmmm, might have to try some pigeon when we visit next year :o) Cheers, Ann.

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Wow! What a restaurant! We thought we'd make a booking as we'll be there at the end of the month, but then I read the menuand saw that one main course would wip my budget for at least two days. Who knows? Maybe one day. I can always dream.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2009 at 12:45 PM

I'll try to check out this restaurant next time...it's just at the Concorde but I can't bring my Armani when I am just backpacking, hehehe...thanks, Norman :)

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2004 at 7:09 PM

I would love to go to Paris and will one day. What a fabulous restaurant............pigeon is not unlike chicken but I still prefer chicken..... Great page thank you.

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2004 at 8:28 AM

Wow! this restaurant must have been quite the experience!!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2004 at 2:50 PM

Thanks for writing about this restaurant. We missed a lot when you had not written it !

travelgourmet

“"It isn't where you've traveled; it's how you arrived."”

Badges & Stats in Paris