"A small place........." Obrez by leics
Obrez Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
....which, to be honest, I don't really know that well.
It's where my friend's parents live, a typical village of its area, set on the prehistoric floodplain of the River Drava, close to the border with Croatia (it runs along the middle of the river), not far from Hungary, with the hills of the Kog wine-producing area behind and flat fields around.
A variety of houses, some farmsteads, grape-vines everywhere, little gardens for every house, strip fields of corn and meadow, some cattle, birds, wildflowers, some woodland, a stream or two........
.....a small village shrine (as everywhere in Slovenia, seemingly), a little village pond with fish (sadly fenced-off now), telephone poles made of unsmoothed pine trees........
......the sound of the wind in the grass, and the birds, and the rattle of the bird-scarers particular to this area (klopotec).........
.......very peaceful, very pleasant, very simple................
- Pros:Real life and real people
- Cons:None that I came across
- In a nutshell:Cottages, vines, animals, farms, flowers
leics' Related Pages
Obrez Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Obrez
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (620)
Have you been to Obrez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Obrez
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 39 reviews, 222 photos, 9 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 36 reviews, 200 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 10 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 31 reviews, 170 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 44 reviews, 155 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 62 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Haven Intro, 32 reviews, 133 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 137 photos, 7 travelogues