"For the passeggiata....." Marsaskala by leics
Marsaskala Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 15 photos
I've been to Marsascala twice, both times in the evening, both times to eat.
I'm not pretending to know anything very much about it except:
a) it has a large and interesting harbour (well, interesting to someone who lives about as far away from the sea as it is possible to be in the UK)
b) In the warm summer evenings it is full of ordinary people..families, teens, young mums with their babes in pushchairs, elderly couples, groups of nattering elderly ladies, the odd tourist or ten.....all strolling around, or sitting, just enjoying the cool of the evening. Seeing and being seen. The 'passeggiata' in Italian.
c) There are lots of places to eat, and some very good fish to be eaten.
d) Although there are some tourists, and some ex-patriates (many from the UK), it feels much more like 'ordinary' Malta than the north coast resort illages.
Maybe one day I'll go back in full daylight and actually explore the place a bit! :-)
- Pros:Fish restaurants and the passegiata
- Cons:None that I came across
- In a nutshell:Fish restaurants and the passegiata
leics' Related Pages
Marsaskala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marsaskala - Pretty as a Picture"
- "For the passeggiata....."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marsaskala
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (840)
Have you been to Marsaskala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marsaskala
Photos in MarsaskalaSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 69 reviews, 328 photos, 13 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 259 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 44 reviews, 253 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 201 photos, 13 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 36 reviews, 200 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 43 reviews, 176 photos
- Riga Intro, 31 reviews, 170 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 44 reviews, 155 photos, 6 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 33 reviews, 161 photos, 7 travelogues