Athens Hotel Tips by leics

Athens Hotels: 33,582 reviews and 423 photos

Pan exterior. - Athens

Pan exterior.

Pan Hotel: Ultra convenient. Pan Hotel Review

In terms of travelling to/from the airport you really could not find a much more convenient hotel than this. For me, arriving alone at 22:30 it was ideal and within my price expectations for a reasonable hotel in a tourist-popular city.

Set literally a couple of minutes' walk from the airport bus stop (on the same side of the road)and about 5 from Syndagma Metro, it's also within easy walking distance of Plaka (about 15 minutes), the Acropolis (20/25), Monastiriki (10 mins). For me, someone who prefers to walk everywhere, the Pan was perfect.

It's a tall, narrow hotel with just a few rooms on each floor (6). There's a lift (small) which I only used when I had my suitcase.

My room (a double for single use) was at the front on the second floor. Very clean, with a comfortable bed, good heating (which suggests the air con will be just as efficient), bath and shower, minibar and TV (plenty of channels). You can get a safe deposit box at reception (5 euro deposit, no fee) for valuablesand they will keep your bags etc after check-out.

Athens is a very busy and noisy city and Mitropoleos is a busy road. Although the hotel windows are double-glazed you should expect some noise.........I always take and use ear-plugs, so it did not bother me.

Breakfast was perfectly adequate: cereals, yoghurts, coffee and juice, fresh rolls and preserves, cheese, ham.

Staff were always courteous and friendly.

If I revisit Athens I shall stay at the Pan again.

Address: Mitropoleos 11, Athens, Greece, 10557, gr

Comparison: about average

Directions: Mitropoleos leads off Syndagma. Walk to the right of the Post Office and you cannot miss it.

As you get off the airport bus, turn right and cross the road. You'll see the Pan straight in front of you.

Phone: 30-2-103237815

Price: US$120-180

Theme: Hotel

Website: http://www.panhotel.gr/

• Written Apr 10, 2009

leics

“'Take clothes you can layer....' :-)”

Badges & Stats in Athens

Have you been to Athens?

Latest Activity in Athens

Videos in Athens

Visiting Athens?
Read real reviews about Athens Hotels!

Top 10 Athens Things to Do