Athens Hotel Tips by leics
Athens Hotels: 42,508 reviews and 422 photos
In terms of travelling to/from the airport you really could not find a much more convenient hotel than this. For me, arriving alone at 22:30 it was ideal and within my price expectations for a reasonable hotel in a tourist-popular city.
Set literally a couple of minutes' walk from the airport bus stop (on the same side of the road)and about 5 from Syndagma Metro, it's also within easy walking distance of Plaka (about 15 minutes), the Acropolis (20/25), Monastiriki (10 mins). For me, someone who prefers to walk everywhere, the Pan was perfect.
It's a tall, narrow hotel with just a few rooms on each floor (6). There's a lift (small) which I only used when I had my suitcase.
My room (a double for single use) was at the front on the second floor. Very clean, with a comfortable bed, good heating (which suggests the air con will be just as efficient), bath and shower, minibar and TV (plenty of channels). You can get a safe deposit box at reception (5 euro deposit, no fee) for valuablesand they will keep your bags etc after check-out.
Athens is a very busy and noisy city and Mitropoleos is a busy road. Although the hotel windows are double-glazed you should expect some noise.........I always take and use ear-plugs, so it did not bother me.
Breakfast was perfectly adequate: cereals, yoghurts, coffee and juice, fresh rolls and preserves, cheese, ham.
Staff were always courteous and friendly.
If I revisit Athens I shall stay at the Pan again.
Address: Mitropoleos 11, Athens, Greece, 10557, gr
Comparison: about average
Directions: Mitropoleos leads off Syndagma. Walk to the right of the Post Office and you cannot miss it.
As you get off the airport bus, turn right and cross the road. You'll see the Pan straight in front of you.
More Reviews (35)
leics' Related Pages
Athens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My trap!"
- "Athina mou..."
- "A Dream Holiday Destination"
- "Athens afterwords"
- "The Beginning... UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!"
- "Poetry for Athena"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Athens
- Hotels in Athens
- Transportation in Athens
- Nightlife in Athens
- Restaurants in Athens
- Shopping in Athens
- Warnings and Dangers in Athens
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Athens
- 36 Reviews
- 200 Photos
- 261 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (685)
Have you been to Athens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Athens
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Charlies Bar, Cork, Ireland"
- Commented on one of leics's Athens tips
- updated a Athens Travel Page "Ancient jewels set within a concrete sea."
- Commented on the Athens travel guide
- Uploaded a Photo to "Streetdogs."
- Uploaded a Video to Athens
- Wrote a Review Go up the hill......... about Lycabettus Hill in Athens Things to Do
Videos in AthensSee All Videos (4)
Read real reviews about Athens Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 39 reviews, 222 photos, 9 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 36 reviews, 200 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 43 reviews, 176 photos
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 10 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 31 reviews, 170 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 44 reviews, 155 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 62 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 33 reviews, 150 photos, 6 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (229)
- Lycabettus Hill- 58 Reviews, 113 Photos
- Acropolis- 172 Reviews, 321 Photos
- Changing of the Guard- 59 Reviews, 115 Photos
- Temple Of Olympian Zeus- 66 Reviews, 133 Photos
- Ancient Agora- 116 Reviews, 198 Photos
- Plaka- 74 Reviews, 110 Photos
- Acropolis - Parthenon- 80 Reviews, 151 Photos
- Syntagma Square - Parliament- 77 Reviews, 143 Photos
- National Archeological Museum- 63 Reviews, 113 Photos
- Panathenaic Stadium - Kallimarmaro- 44 Reviews, 81 Photos
See All Athens Things to Do