"There's a nice view..........." Coldstream by leics

Coldstream Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos

I just popped over the border to Coldstream because I happened to be nearby, I'd heard of it and I'd not visited before.

To be honest, it is mainly one long street, with residential side-streets runnng off it.

There's a pretty little park just before the main part of the town (where the shops are) with lovely views over the River Tweed (seeother photos).

I'm not going to pretend I explored Coldstream in any detail. I wandered around for an hour or so, that's all.

But then again, I did not find anything much which inspired me to explore it further (I am not into military history, but do know that many people would visit the Coldstream Guards museum in the town).

I believe there are pleasant walks in the countryside from the town itself.

But I doubt I will return to explore them.

• Pros:Pleasant views and some history
  • Cons:A bit bleak in grim weather
  • In a nutshell:Right on the border....
  • Last visit to Coldstream: Oct 2009
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2015 at 4:55 AM

WE never know when our simplest pages, tips, pics will be helpful to others. You were destined to make that one hour walk about in order to help my friend with finding his family roots. :-) Thank You.

• leics's Profile Photo
      Jun 24, 2015 at 9:51 AM

I hadn't thought about that aspect but it is odd, isn't it? I'd no intention whatsoever of going to Coldstream and only stopped there because I needed a break from driving. Some things are indeed meant to happen, even if their purpose isn't clear at the time. :-)

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
      Jun 25, 2015 at 7:01 AM

There are no coincidances

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2015 at 8:07 AM

Thank you for introduced town! Nice bridge in distance on 3rd photo.

• leics's Profile Photo
      Jun 23, 2015 at 9:13 AM

Thank you, Aleksandra. The bridge is 'Coldstream Bridge' and dates from 1767:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coldst...

Coldstream isn't somewhere I'd make a special effort to visit, but as I was in the area I thought I'd have a wander round. :-)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM

The views over River Tweed look nice! Is that river a relative to the fabrics? And as cold as the town name suggests?

Coldstream Travel Guide

leics

“'Take clothes you can layer....' :-)”

Badges & Stats in Coldstream

Have you been to Coldstream?

Latest Activity in Coldstream