"There's a nice view..........." Coldstream by leics
Coldstream Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
I just popped over the border to Coldstream because I happened to be nearby, I'd heard of it and I'd not visited before.
To be honest, it is mainly one long street, with residential side-streets runnng off it.
There's a pretty little park just before the main part of the town (where the shops are) with lovely views over the River Tweed (seeother photos).
I'm not going to pretend I explored Coldstream in any detail. I wandered around for an hour or so, that's all.
But then again, I did not find anything much which inspired me to explore it further (I am not into military history, but do know that many people would visit the Coldstream Guards museum in the town).
I believe there are pleasant walks in the countryside from the town itself.
But I doubt I will return to explore them.
- Pros:Pleasant views and some history
- Cons:A bit bleak in grim weather
- In a nutshell:Right on the border....
leics' Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Coldstream
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (847)
Have you been to Coldstream?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coldstream
Photos in ColdstreamSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 69 reviews, 328 photos, 13 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 259 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 44 reviews, 253 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 59 reviews, 197 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 202 photos, 13 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 36 reviews, 200 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 43 reviews, 176 photos
- Riga Intro, 31 reviews, 170 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 44 reviews, 155 photos, 6 travelogues