Glastonbury Hotel Tips by leics
Glastonbury Hotels: 3,162 reviews and 31 photos
George & Pilgrims
An interesting place to stay from an historical point of view. Some rooms have special names, and are priced accordingly. The room I had was quite small but sufficient, although the window opened onto a tiny roof space enclosed by four high walls.....not what one could call a room with a view.
Bar food was adequate, though not particularly hot (I visited out of season). Breakfast was hot enough and service seemed more willing to please than bar staff the previous evening. Maybe it was just a bad day.
It's central, and architecturally interesting, but I suspect there may be other places in Glastonbury which are better value.
Unique Qualities: Started life in the 12th century as the guesthouse for Glastonbury Abbey. Henry V111 is supposed to have stayed there to watch the dissolution. Later used as a coaching inn, so a mish-mash of historical architecture.
Address: High St, Glastonbury
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Can't miss it really, though finding the parking spaces is difficult (I think there are three, otherwise you have to use the pay car park at the rear of the hotel).
Phone: 01458 831146
More Reviews (6)
leics' Related Pages
Glastonbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GLASTONBURY - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!"
- "The Mystical Isle of Avalon"
- "Glastonbury - not just for hippies"
- "Glastonbury - Tranquility at it's finest!"
- "Glastonbury Festival"
- "England's mountains green"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glastonbury
- Hotels in Glastonbury
- Transportation in Glastonbury
- Nightlife in Glastonbury
- Restaurants in Glastonbury
- Shopping in Glastonbury
- Warnings and Dangers in Glastonbury
- See All...
Explore the World
- Miramar Hotel
- Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Midway Airport
- Ramada Inn Downtown Seattle
- Wagon Wheel Village
- Hotel Pennsylvania
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
- Burj Al Arab (Jumeirah Beach Road.)
- Northpointe Inn
- Motel 6 Sandpoint
- Wyndham Branson at the Falls
- Hotel Neptun Rabac
- La Mamounia Hotel
- Days Inn Key West
- Radisson Hotel Laval
- Hampton Inn South Bend/Mishawaka
Badges & Stats in Glastonbury
- 7 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (608)
Have you been to Glastonbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glastonbury
Photos in GlastonburySee All Photos (28)
Read real reviews about Glastonbury Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 39 reviews, 222 photos, 9 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 36 reviews, 200 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 10 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 31 reviews, 170 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 44 reviews, 155 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 62 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Haven Intro, 32 reviews, 133 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 137 photos, 7 travelogues