Milan Hotel Tips by leics
Milan Hotels: 35,751 reviews and 356 photos
I particularly looked for a hotel near Milan Centrale station, as I wanted to use Milan as a base for explorations (and it also makes getting to and from the airport so much easier)..
The Club Hotel is within 5 minutes' walk, near enough for convenience but far enough away from the station itself to avoid any unpleasantness. There is a carabinieri station on the street corner. I never felt unsafe in any way whilst wandering around after dark, though of course I did not wander during the early hours of the morning. There were always plenty of people around (many commuters, but many who live in the area as well).
It's only a couple of minutes' walk from Sondrio Metro station, on the M3 direct line to the Duomo.
The hotel is on a quiet-ish street (for central Milan) and has good double-glazing. My single room was very clean indeed with minibar, flatscreen TV and comfortable bed. The water was hot, the shower powerful and the room warm (it was cold weather). The windows also have good solid shutters, useful for keeping out streetlights as well as the sunshine.
The hotel has free wifi in the rooms and free internet access in reception. There is a lift, and there are smoking rooms as well as non-smoking rooms (no smoking in the rest of the hotel, obviously).
Breakfast was good, with warm filled croissants, fresh rolls of several types (including mini-foccaccia), meats, eggs, fruit salad, preserves and so on. Coffee was also good, but no fresh juice...in common with many Italian hotels the 'juice' is actually orange squash.
Staff were efficient and pleasant, with adequate English. the hotel had both business and leisure guests during my stay.
I was very pleased indeed with the hotel itself and with its location. Especially recommended if, like me, you want to use Milan as a base for further explorations.
Address: Via Copernico, 18, Stazione Centrale Milano, 20125 Italy
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Leave Milan Centrale to the right (with trains behind you). Walk across P lV Novembre (bus stops) and turn right along Via Fabio Filzi to come to Via Tonale. Turn left up Via Tonale: Via Copernico is the first on the right.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotel frontage, 6.45 am :-(
A scary emergency landing at Milan Linate meant Easyjet had to find overnight accommodation for 150+ stressed people. And it was this hotel we ended up at (I suspect the returning Japanese Prada/Gucci-shopping guests were a little stunned by the arrival of so many dishevelled people at 9pm!).
I wanted to write a tip, because I was impressed by the way the hotel handled the whole thing. They had no more than an hour or so's notice but check-in was swift, rooms were clean, warm and well-equipped, a meal (with wine, thank goodness!) was provided out of nowhere (not brilliant, but I doubt I could scrape up the makings of a meal for 150+ people with such little notice!), an early-morning wake-up call led us down to an early-morning breakfast with good coffeejuices/cereals/bread etc etc. And everyone was so polite and helpful that it really made what could have been a nightmare scenario into something bearable.
The hotel is clean and pleasantly decorated, in a quiet area well away from traffic noise (I believce there is a fair amount of greenery around, but it was too dark for me to see). If you're happy to be away from the city centre (it takes a while to get there) then I think it would be a good choice.
Unique Qualities: They cope amazingly well with emergencies!
Address: Via Scialoia 3, Milan 20161
Comparison: about average
Directions: It's a long way out from central Milan, so you'll either need a car or be prepared to use the bus then train every day (journey takes about 30 minutes, I believe).
More Reviews (20)
- See All A restorative beer...and clean toilets.
- See All Wander the Navigli.....
- See All Dead easy to use....
leics' Related Pages
Milan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MILAN - As I've always wanted to visit"
- "Home sweet home!"
- "La Dolce Vita In Milano ;-)"
- "Milan - surprising and fascinating"
- "Visconti? Sforza? Leonardo? Just Milan!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Milan
- Hotels in Milan
- Transportation in Milan
- Nightlife in Milan
- Restaurants in Milan
- Shopping in Milan
- Warnings and Dangers in Milan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Milan
- 22 Reviews
- 117 Photos
- 339 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (643)
Have you been to Milan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milan
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: Travelling to Germany with..."
- Commented on one of leics's Milan tips
- Commented on the Demidoff Hotel, Milan travel guide
- Wrote a Review A restorative beer...and clean toilets. in Milan Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "A restorative beer...and clean toilets."
- updated a Milan Travelogue "Random architecture around the city"
Read real reviews about Milan Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 39 reviews, 222 photos, 9 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 36 reviews, 200 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 10 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 31 reviews, 170 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 44 reviews, 155 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 62 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 29 reviews, 142 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Haven Intro, 32 reviews, 133 photos, 1 travelogue
- Duomo- 213 Reviews, 460 Photos
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele- 102 Reviews, 204 Photos
- Santa Maria Delle Grazie Last Supper- 71 Reviews, 141 Photos
- Shopping or Fashion District- 37 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Teatro alla Scala- 60 Reviews, 98 Photos
- Castello Sforzesco- 126 Reviews, 289 Photos
- Lake Como - The Lake District- 18 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Navigli- 15 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Central Station- 18 Reviews, 38 Photos
- San Siro Stadium- 23 Reviews, 34 Photos
See All Milan Things to Do