Milan Restaurant Tips by leics
Milan Restaurants: 307 reviews and 283 photos
I was desperately seeking somewhere near my hotel (near Milan Centrale). Not a vast amount of choice, to be honest.
But I came across this place and decided it would do. Actually, it was very good indeed.
Chinese-run, serving 'proper' Italian food (pizza, pasta, grilled meats etc etc), and full of Trenitalia employees having a meal before (I assume) going on duty. They were very obviously regulars, as there was much laughing and teasing and joking with the staff. Lots of other locals were eating there too.
I assume that no Italian would eat at a rubbish place, so I guess the dishes I didn't try are just as good as the pizza Ortolana (vegetarian, with grilled vegetables and cheese) that I chose. Huge, and very tasty indeed.
I had a 'birra media' (Peroni, on tap) too . And the total cost was around 8 euro.....pretty good, imo.
They do sushi as well, I believe.
It's not a fancy place; small 2-person tables are set in rows of 3, so you may well share your table with a local or several. But that's fine.
Well worth seeking out if you are in the Stazione Centrale area.
Favorite Dish: Where else can you share your meal with a load of Trenitalia employees? :-)
Address: 3 Via Schiaperelli
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: From Piazza Duca d'Aosta : Turn right (north) onto Via Fabio Filzi Continue onto Via Ponte Seveso. and on to via Schiaparelli, 3
Rrom Fermata Sondrio: Turn right (east) onto Via Tonale Turn left onto Via Ponte Seveso. Continue to via Schiaparelli, 3
Phone: +30 (0)2 66714808
I came across this place when I was desperate for both some liquid intake (my usual mid-wandering break for espresso and a birra piccola) and for a toilet.
It looked pleasant, if rather empty, so I went in.
There is an covered outside part (the empty bit...it was cold) and a couple of enclosed rooms.
Service was pleasant, the espresso was good, the beer also good (though from a bottle rather than from a cask). Quite a lot of local workers (business suits etc) started arriving for their lunch whilst I was there, which must be a good sign.
Most importantly, they have a clean and pleasant toilet (downstairs, but I noted there was a stairlift for disabled customers, which is very good indeed).
Open from 0930, food served from 1130 -2330.
Address: Via San Calimero, 3
Directions: Via San Calimero runs off the junction of Corso di Porta Romana, Via Santa Sofia and Via Francesco Sforza.
Phone: 02 58328353
More Reviews (20)
leics' Related Pages
Milan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MILAN - As I've always wanted to visit"
- "Home sweet home!"
- "La Dolce Vita In Milano ;-)"
- "Milan - surprising and fascinating"
- "Visconti? Sforza? Leonardo? Just Milan!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Milan
- Hotels in Milan
- Transportation in Milan
- Nightlife in Milan
- Restaurants in Milan
- Shopping in Milan
- Warnings and Dangers in Milan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Milan
- 22 Reviews
- 117 Photos
- 347 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (667)
Have you been to Milan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milan
- Posted in Travel Lecco Forum "Re: Exploring The Como area by..."
- Commented on one of leics's Milan tips
- Commented on the Demidoff Hotel, Milan travel guide
- Wrote a Review A restorative beer...and clean toilets. in Milan Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "A restorative beer...and clean toilets."
- updated a Milan Travelogue "Random architecture around the city"
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 39 reviews, 222 photos, 9 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 36 reviews, 200 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 10 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 31 reviews, 170 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 44 reviews, 155 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 62 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 33 reviews, 150 photos, 6 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 29 reviews, 142 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (221)
- Duomo- 213 Reviews, 458 Photos
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele- 102 Reviews, 204 Photos
- Castello Sforzesco- 124 Reviews, 283 Photos
- Teatro alla Scala- 60 Reviews, 98 Photos
- Santa Maria Delle Grazie Last Supper- 71 Reviews, 140 Photos
- Shopping or Fashion District- 37 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Navigli- 15 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Lake Como - The Lake District- 18 Reviews, 29 Photos
- San Lorenzo and Sant'Eustorgio- 40 Reviews, 131 Photos
- San Siro Stadium- 23 Reviews, 34 Photos
See All Milan Things to Do