"Passing through............." Magherafelt by leics
Magherafelt Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Driving from Omagh to Belfast, needing a break.......Magherafelt was the convenient place.
It's a little town set around a large central 'square', with a wide main street and plenty of places to eat and drink.
It's a good base for exploring the Lough Neagh area too, I would imagine. But my explorations were confined to seeking out of public toilets (available, free, adequately clean) and a general wander.
Not somewhere to seek out, perhaps, but pleasant enough for a stop is you are passing through as well.
- Pros:Pleasant, very small town
- Cons:Not much history visible, lots of traffic
- In a nutshell:Good base for exploring Lough Neagh, perhaps?
leics' Related Pages
Magherafelt Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Magherafelt
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (765)
Have you been to Magherafelt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Magherafelt
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 39 reviews, 222 photos, 9 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 36 reviews, 200 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 34 reviews, 190 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 43 reviews, 176 photos
- Riga Intro, 31 reviews, 170 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 44 reviews, 155 photos, 6 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 33 reviews, 161 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 62 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues