"Not the sunny California you've heard about." Top 5 Page for this destination Mendocino by Robert96
Mendocino Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 177 photos
If you take about a 5 hour drive north of San Francsico you'll find Mendocino. The drive itself is a scenic pleasure. The destination is a small, peaceful town on the beautiful Northern Califronia coast.
Mendocino is a great base for exploring the area. There is kayaking and hiking, and you can take a drive to near by wineries. (Among other activities.)
If you're looking for California sunshine don't expect it here. Mendocino tends to be cloudy and overcast much of th time.
- Pros:peaceful, scenic, lots of quality accommodations.
- Cons:Weather is usually cool and cloudy.
A short drive north of the town of Mendocino is the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens. It is a great place for a... more travel advice
Robert96's Related Pages
Mendocino Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Northern California Explorer"
- "Relax on California’s Northern Coast"
- "Not the sunny California you've heard about."
- "A Village The Way It Was"
- "Mendocino-A little bit of Maine on the West Coast"
- "MENDOCINO or CABOT COVE??"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mendocino
- Hotels in Mendocino
- Transportation in Mendocino
- Nightlife in Mendocino
- Restaurants in Mendocino
- Shopping in Mendocino
- Warnings and Dangers in Mendocino
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mendocino
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Mendocino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mendocino
Photos in MendocinoSee All Photos (5)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mendocino Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Guana Island Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- U. S. Virgin Islands Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Pacific Grove 2 reviews, 1 photo
- San Francisco Intro, 1 review, 1 photo