"Up on the mountains" Huangshan by gwen_tifa
Huangshan Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 330 photos
This is my best trip to China ever so far. Never have I experienced more discomfort, physical endurance and wetness throughout the whole journey up, all bacause I wanted catch the freshnesss of the air and beauty of this attraction! This is also the place where I made many friends with other local tourists.
Well, I guess it's was both fortunate and unfortuante that things didn't turn out our way. First, it rain not long after our climb. We had the worst accomodation (and the most expensive) compared to the other places which I stayed in other provinces. And the fact that I chose the snail path and not take the cable car up, it took up too much time which i could have well-spent it on exploring the various peaks. (I had only a night, time was definitely a constraint). And i regret not doing some warmups and stretching before that, my kness felt wobbly the next day! My dinner was instant noodles and energy food which I brought back from my home country and from the base of the mountains. It felt like a hiking trip. Nevertheless the cool air and the company from other tourists and my fellow friends made the trip more pleasant.
Visit my Huangshan Travelogue to read more!
- Pros:Beautiful scenery and you will feel like you're above the clouds!
- Cons:Unexpected weather conditions and be prepared to spend if you bring nothing along!
- In a nutshell:Expect the unexpected!
Be aware that if you happen to join tour groups, costs including transport, tour guiding and accomodation SHOULD NOT... more travel advice
You could try taking a night train from Shanghai. However, you should take note that tickets run out quickly during the... more travel advice
gwen_tifa's Related Pages
Huangshan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Huang Shan Mountain National Park"
- "Huangshan - Yellow Mountain"
- "Huangshan: Simply Unbelievable!"
- "Huangshan, Anhui Province"
- "Up on the mountains"
- "No Mountain Else Worth To Climb Than Huangshan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Huangshan
- Hotels in Huangshan
- Transportation in Huangshan
- Restaurants in Huangshan
- Shopping in Huangshan
- Warnings and Dangers in Huangshan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Huangshan
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Huangshan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Huangshan
Photos in HuangshanSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Loei Intro, 2 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ko Chang Intro, 2 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ayuthaya Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 24 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sapa Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Huangshan Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Laos Intro, 9 photos, 4 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue