"Up on the mountains" Huangshan by gwen_tifa

Huangshan Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 330 photos

This is my best trip to China ever so far. Never have I experienced more discomfort, physical endurance and wetness throughout the whole journey up, all bacause I wanted catch the freshnesss of the air and beauty of this attraction! This is also the place where I made many friends with other local tourists.

Well, I guess it's was both fortunate and unfortuante that things didn't turn out our way. First, it rain not long after our climb. We had the worst accomodation (and the most expensive) compared to the other places which I stayed in other provinces. And the fact that I chose the snail path and not take the cable car up, it took up too much time which i could have well-spent it on exploring the various peaks. (I had only a night, time was definitely a constraint). And i regret not doing some warmups and stretching before that, my kness felt wobbly the next day! My dinner was instant noodles and energy food which I brought back from my home country and from the base of the mountains. It felt like a hiking trip. Nevertheless the cool air and the company from other tourists and my fellow friends made the trip more pleasant.

Visit my Huangshan Travelogue to read more!

• Pros:Beautiful scenery and you will feel like you're above the clouds!
  • Cons:Unexpected weather conditions and be prepared to spend if you bring nothing along!
  • In a nutshell:Expect the unexpected!
  • Last visit to Huangshan: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 9, 2004

gwen_tifa

“Listen and see with your heart, feel with your soul - and you will experience the true essence of travel”

Badges & Stats in Huangshan

Have you been to Huangshan?

Latest Activity in Huangshan