"Fill your senses for an adventure!" gwen_tifa's Profile
A year gone by... and this page seemed pretty dormant. Here's an update
- Headed Tioman and Bintan - which left me sunburnts to remind me the painful experience of a lifetime and importance of suncreams.
- A solo trip to Laos, land of million elephants, a rewarding experience which touched my soul and heart... and left me lots to ponder about the big income divide
- Celebrated my first christmas in Thailand
- A recent promotion at my current workplace
- Just had my 2nd anniversary in my first full-time job in Feb
- More work, more responsibilities =(
- Plans ahead (possible?)
France? (probably in May, if i were to attend a cousin's wedding)
Mongolia (July Nadam Festival)
A diving certificate...(maybe)
- More film art to watch? more reading to catch up with
- A change in career to give something back to society...?
- Catch up with fellow VTers and friends which i missed out in the past year
As we move on to the third month of the new year, let's not just think about what we want to do and achieve. Rather let's think how much we can give back to this society and let the children of the future enjoy the lives as much as we did in ours.
May the year ahead be fulfilling...
FEB 08 2007, 18:30 SGT
The feelings of mine described in the above picture - the end of a parade, the end of festive season and public holidays.
Farewell to parties, hello Stress
What matters most is the good times enjoyed.
FEB 27 2007, 2:22AM SGT
There had only been 2 days of sunshine since the new year commenced, followed by non-stop rains - these have been dampening my mood.
There hasn't been any cheery photos - So here's a glimpse of what I found just outside my office cubicle (taken with a new camera phone).
Do keep me updated if you have new photos to share!
Looking forward to sunshine and updates from fellow VTers.
13 Jan , 3:14am, SG
It's back to the cold seat of mine after two rounds of vacation. How I miss those days just doing nothing. hahaha...
Regretfully, I have not been able to meet up any of the VTers out there while I was on my feet. (sigh) Till fate brings us on that round table of talks and food again.
Check out pictures of my recent travels below:
September 2006 - Vietnam
Quick Hanoi update
Sapa, a journey to remember
October 2006 - Thailand (3rd encounter):
My Phu Kradeung Tales
Solo Trip to Ko Chang
Bangkok revisited -part 1
Bangkok revisited -part 2
Some pages are incomplete, so bear with me while I try to dilligently work on the journals.
Year end is coming - have your finished what you planned to do for the year? and your resolution for the coming 2007?
Chingay Parade of Dreams in SIngapore *
Chinese New Year is around the corner and the Sat following Chinese New Year is the Chingay Parade, held in Orchard Road in SIngapore. Catch a glimpse of the spectacular performaces by various countries as well as of the local flavour, and not to forget the floats. Check out some sneaks here:
- 23 Jan 2006-
VT meet 2006!*
Despite having missed the first meetup of 2006 in Singapore, I am glad that imstress was kind enough to have arranged another get-togther when airasia wanted to view the restrooms of Great World City.. giggles... It was a pity my camera failed that the most critical moment... sigh... anyway looks like most of us can afford the technology of capturing memories :) so i am looking forward to getting pictures from them! Met up with the following VTers
imstress and her husband - thanks for playing host and photographer
ZENDER and his wife - nice to meet you!
bpacker - the adventurous lady I always wanted to meet
jenaikes - for making it no matter how late it was
SquashNut - with his engaging stories and passion for squash
icyjo24 - another adventure lady i admire!
Tenzin - who made it down for dinner with us
SimplyRed - the lovely lady
and most importantly the reason we were here for was airasia for making his trip down to Singapore to meet us!
If only the night had been longer ...
Looking forward to more meets like this. Lively talks and great food! And the conversation will work best on a round table. SO think round.
Have a great week ahead!
11- Jan- 2006
My travel wish list:
All of Singapore
Thailand again and again... (yes i have done it again in 2005 and 2006, 2007???)
Vietnam (I finally went to Hanoi and Sapa , Sapa's definitely worth a second visit! :) )
Mongolia (2007 plans)
Tibet (2007 plans)
France - i hope to go back again
and many more....
My most daring act (I think) - to travel alone - thanks to the encouragement of VTer icyjo24 that I gather the courage to venture on my own in this country. And the experience ?? - REWARDING! Even though there is a fair share of loneliness, there are certain times where you would meet interesting travellers and share cultures and experiences. Also thanks to my best made thai friends whom I made friends with 2 years ago - they receive me with warm welcome as they took me to places where I recalled my community service in a village school in Bang Senai. Also getting the best deals of the wholesales markets of Bangok! 8 days was indeed short and most of the time were spent transversing interstate.
Even though it was a mere 8 days of travel, i am glad to have cover more places than i expected, but it would have been better if I have more time to explore each different place.
Check out the places I have been to:
Ayutthaya - I have added more stuff about my 2003 accounts as well as my revisit to this city.
... and I can't wait to go back there again!
Had my outdoor performance at Esplanade, It drizzled a little and i caught this pretty sight while walking around on stilts. Fortuantely I had my phone camera with me to capture this pretty sight of Singapore.
Took out some photos and scanned them. If you like a glismp of an isolated country. Take a peek:
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 32 Reviews
- 302 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- gwen_tifa and THLIN are now friends.
- updated a Lop Buri Travelogue "Sunflower fields!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fill your senses for an adventure!"
updated their Profile Page "Fill your senses for an adventure!"
- Commented on pattayaraj's profile page
- Wrote a Review Your friendly neighbour in Ko Chang Hotels
- Posted in Travel Thailand Forum "RE: RE: How to get from Krabi to..."
Top 10 Pages
- Loei Intro, 2 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ko Chang Intro, 2 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ayuthaya Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 24 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sapa Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Huangshan Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Laos Intro, 9 photos, 4 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22507 Reviews - 55085 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23331 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15666 Reviews - 31356 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 897 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3730 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10316 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12025 Reviews - 26772 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos