"The place with the only Slovene island" Top 5 Page for this destination Bled by novsco61
Bled Travel Guide: 775 reviews and 1,870 photos
Bled is considered as one of the most beautiful alpine holiday resorts and health spas.
Its beauty and peace, mild climate, fresh air, sun, and thermal water offer ideal conditions for a pleasant rest or for an active holiday, since its marvelous surroundings make possible relaxation and regeneration of lost psychophysical strength.
I visited Bled many times because it's only 60 km from my home.
Although Bled is not a skiing sport centre,alpine skiers and boarders have opportunity to go to the snow. The ski slope Straža is only a short walk from the hotels .It is equipped with a double chair-lift and a rope tow and has artificial snow making equipment as well as lighting for night skiing. On cold winters the water on the lake freeze up an it is possible to walk to the island.
During the long summer season, it is very pleasant to swim in the lake or in the hotel swimming pools with thermal water (28 degrees C.) and enjoy rowing, sailing, wind surfing, fishing in the lake or in alpine rivers, kayaking, canoeing, rafting, and other activities.
Traditional boat rides to the idyllic church on Bled Island, a visit to the impressive Bled Castle which is perched almost vertically above the lake, romantic carriage rides around the lake, mountain biking through the Alpine foothills, cultural presentations, Bled nights illumunated with dramatic firework displays, dancing, pulse racing excitement at the roulette and black jack tables and in front of the slot machines at the Casino. It is almost impossible to imagine a more evenull vacation than the one to be experienced at gorgeous Lake Bled.
The beauty of the mountains reflect on the lake surface, sun, tranquility and fresh air stimulate the most pleasant feeling in any season of the year and provide the ideal conditions for a peaceful rest or more active vacation.
Bled lies in the extreme northwestern part of Slovenia, at the foot of the Julian Alps and between the Sava Bohinjka and... more travel advice
When the weather is clear you have a bird's eye view over Bled and the surrounding mountains: the Julian Alps, the... more travel advice
novsco61's Related Pages
Bled Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Place That I Want to Live In..."
- "Scenic and picturesque"
- "The place with the only Slovene island"
- "What a place"
- ""You had me at hello.............""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bled
- Hotels in Bled
- Transportation in Bled
- Nightlife in Bled
- Restaurants in Bled
- Shopping in Bled
- Warnings and Dangers in Bled
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bled
- 29 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Bled?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bled
Photos in BledSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ljubljana Intro, 69 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 41 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Opatija Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Jerba Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kranjska Gora Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skofja Loka Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lipica Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obcina Bohinj Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues