"Under the foothills of Julian Alps" Top 5 Page for this destination Kranjska Gora by novsco61
Kranjska Gora Travel Guide: 152 reviews and 376 photos
Kranjska Gora, once a tiny village, has grown over the years into a modern sports centre. In the winter hosting the world alpine skiing tournament for the Vitranc Cup, and in the summer inviting enthusiastic walkers and mountaineers from all over the world. Ideal for a walking holiday or families that like to spend their holiday's outdoors.
Kranjska gora is located in the far north-west part of Slovenia to the borders with Austria and Italy. In the north it reaches the Karavanke ridge and in the south peaks of the Julian Alps an the valley of Krma, Kot, Vrata and Tamar in the area of the Triglav National Park. The Sava Dolinka rises in the natural reserve Zelenci bellow the village of Podkoren.
The symbol of Kranjska Gora is an animal grouse - Ru?evec ,which represents intact nature, riches and love . Ru?evec is protected species in these places.
Today tourism is the main economic branch,its beginnings go bact to year 1904 .First summer-climate tourism was developed and then hiking and mountaineering,
between WW1 and WW2 winter tourism - sledding,skiing and ski jumping in Planica.
Today there are over 4500 beds in hotels,private pensions, appartments and private rooms.
Krnica Valley - 1.45 hours' walk The Velika Pi?nica Valley is surrounded by the peaks, all of them two-thousand... more travel advice
Ski lifts and runs are located on the slopes of Vitranc all the way from Kranjska Gora right down to Planica from an... more travel advice
novsco61's Related Pages
Kranjska Gora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Under the foothills of Julian Alps"
- "Moj drugi dom (My second home)"
- "KRANJSKA GORA & PLANICA"
- "Kranjska Gora - Planica"
- "Gods Country"
- "Sporty village in Slovenian Mountains."
- "DOBRODOSLI AT MY KRANJSKA GORA PAGE......:-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kranjska Gora
- Hotels in Kranjska Gora
- Transportation in Kranjska Gora
- Nightlife in Kranjska Gora
- Restaurants in Kranjska Gora
- Shopping in Kranjska Gora
- Warnings and Dangers in Kranjska Gora
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kranjska Gora
- 30 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Kranjska Gora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kranjska Gora
- updated a Kranjska Gora Travel Page "Under the foothills of Julian Alps"
- Posted in Travel Ireland Forum "Re: Budget tour company"
- Commented on one of stanian's Kranjska Gora travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "More pictures of Kranjska Gora"
- Wrote a Review Short tours from Kranjska gora in Kranjska Gora Sports & Outdoors
Photos in Kranjska GoraSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ljubljana Intro, 69 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 41 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Opatija Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Jerba Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kranjska Gora Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skofja Loka Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lipica Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obcina Bohinj Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues