"PIRAN - the pearl of Slovenian Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Piran by novsco61

Piran Travel Guide: 510 reviews and 1,200 photos

Even though Piran is a coastal town , I've never been there in the summer. I like to visit Piran on foggy winter days in Ljubljana. Or in autumn when in Ljubljana it can be pretty cold but in Piran warm and sunny . The smell of the sea, seagulls, sea food at Pavel's restaurant.... I enjoy walking thru narrow streets, listen to winds ...

When you once come to Piran you want to come back. It is located on the peninsula that is the westernmost part of Slovenia.This tiny,little town attracts people from all over the world with its mediterranean architecture made of stone - the shining marble of Tartini Square, the cloister of the Minorite monastery.The town is encircled by city walls .
The first walls were built in the 7th century, extended in the 12th century, and achieved their present appearance in the 16th century as protection against Turkish raiders.

Cape Madona Nature Monument (at Piran Punta) represents one of the most distinct, accessible and endangered (fishing, recreation) parts of the Slovene coastal waters with its extremely diverse animal and plant life.

If you want a really nice and good accomodation, go to Tartini Hotel, which is situated in the centre of Piran right on the shore.

• Last visit to Piran: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 24, 2005

• mapakettle's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2005 at 5:32 AM

Hi Tanja. Thanks for your view of Piran. Ma Kettle and I are considering a visit there at the end of Oct. We've sent requests to the hotels you mentioned. Pa

• Irina's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 7:18 AM

Lovely pictures and descriptions. Thank you!

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2005 at 12:56 PM

Wow what a pretty little town and a glorious place to spend a honeymoon.

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2005 at 12:37 PM

I love the coast and this little town seems to be packed with history. Do you get to visit often? We spend alot of time at Lincoln City which is just a few hours from home. Joyce =^oo^=

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2005 at 2:06 PM

I love this charming coastal town Piran. It was a pleasure to revisit it by your so informative page. Super fotke!

• Apr 12, 2005 at 10:42 AM

Great page and beautiful photos. I really wanted to see Piran on my last visit in the area. Maybe next time.

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2005 at 1:54 PM

Prekrasna naslovnica Pirana. Odlicen fotograf si. Hvala Tanja.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2005 at 5:23 AM

Fabulous photos of this lovely slovenian resort. I was here about 20 years ago with my parents, but to be honest, I don't remember much ... :o)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2005 at 8:03 PM

An excellent page with superb photos. I wonder why I have not yet visited Piran. May be because it is "on the way" to vacation place ! I will next time. Thank you for sharing !

• globerover's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 3:06 AM

I have been to Piran several times on a sailing boat .... my stomach seems to be stronger than yours :-))

novsco61

“Smile is the only thing which costs nothing and can be given to anybody anytime.”

Badges & Stats in Piran