"PIRAN - the pearl of Slovenian Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Piran by novsco61
Piran Travel Guide: 510 reviews and 1,200 photos
Even though Piran is a coastal town , I've never been there in the summer. I like to visit Piran on foggy winter days in Ljubljana. Or in autumn when in Ljubljana it can be pretty cold but in Piran warm and sunny . The smell of the sea, seagulls, sea food at Pavel's restaurant.... I enjoy walking thru narrow streets, listen to winds ...
When you once come to Piran you want to come back. It is located on the peninsula that is the westernmost part of Slovenia.This tiny,little town attracts people from all over the world with its mediterranean architecture made of stone - the shining marble of Tartini Square, the cloister of the Minorite monastery.The town is encircled by city walls .
The first walls were built in the 7th century, extended in the 12th century, and achieved their present appearance in the 16th century as protection against Turkish raiders.
Cape Madona Nature Monument (at Piran Punta) represents one of the most distinct, accessible and endangered (fishing, recreation) parts of the Slovene coastal waters with its extremely diverse animal and plant life.
If you want a really nice and good accomodation, go to Tartini Hotel, which is situated in the centre of Piran right on the shore.
Situated near the Piran Punta, offers 22 rooms with 56 beds. It is open thru all the year . more travel advice
I took the train from Ljubljana to Koper.Even though the ride took 2 and half hours , it was very enjoyable. The... more travel advice
novsco61's Related Pages
Piran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Slovenia with a touch of Venice"
- "One of the most livable places in Europe."
- "PIRAN - the pearl of Slovenian Coast"
- "Piran - Slovenia's coastal jewel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Piran
- Hotels in Piran
- Transportation in Piran
- Nightlife in Piran
- Restaurants in Piran
- Shopping in Piran
- Warnings and Dangers in Piran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Piran
- 24 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Piran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Piran
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ljubljana Intro, 69 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 41 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Opatija Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Jerba Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kranjska Gora Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skofja Loka Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lipica Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obcina Bohinj Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues