"NORWAY - Land of Water and Forests" Norway by novsco61

Norway Travel Guide: 10,658 reviews and 30,170 photos

You won't believe me how I decided for that travel. I had read an advertisment in the newspaper.It was stated : I'm looking for female traveller for three weeks time .We will go from Ljubljana to Nordkapp and back. I will drive , you will cook.

At first look it wasn't so attractive.But then I said to myself - Why not ? Let's try.

We met and he said there were 2 more candidates.At the end he chose me and after 2 months we departed.

Preparations lasted for about 2 months because the route was long - more than 10.000 km. I had only 3 weeks available so I had to make really good travel plan.My first task was to visit Norway and go the most northern part of Europe.

I was brave enough to risk going with total stranger on a travel where you cannot escape for a minute. Sometimes it was really hard .But we managed to solve problems and it was really interesting travel.

Lonely Sea Gull on the ferry

On the way to Oslo

• Last visit to Norway: Aug 1993
  • Intro Updated Jun 7, 2005

• Pixiekatten's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2007 at 1:52 AM

What a wonderful guide over Norway. Detailed with many nice pics! Thanks for sharing! :)

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2006 at 2:13 PM

Great page Tanja. Brings back some nice memories...Norway is my favourite county I've visited so far.

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2006 at 5:50 AM

Your tips are excellent. I love the beauty of Norway!

• worldtrekker's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2005 at 12:25 AM

Thanks for some nice memories of Norway! It's one of my favorites in Europe! =)

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2005 at 10:50 AM

A nice page which called many nice memories back!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2005 at 7:52 PM

Hi Tanja ,this is a great page ,Lori & I really want to visit Norway some day as well as Slovenia .You made it look even better by showing us a part of Norway and your tips and pictures are great .

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2005 at 12:38 PM

I am going to Oslo in two weeks. Great information here.

• Goner's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2005 at 9:36 PM

You're very adventuresome, but what a trip - Norway is gorgeous, will come back for more.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2004 at 10:07 PM

What an unusual journey you had here with a stranger! Super tips about the ski jump and the glacier! I hope to see more glaciers up close before they're all gone.

• Donnylass's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2004 at 7:26 AM

Great pages and what a story! You were very adventurous to take off with a stranger. I love Norway but havent visited Oslo yet - looks really interesting!

novsco61

“Smile is the only thing which costs nothing and can be given to anybody anytime.”

Badges & Stats in Norway