"The most beautiful alpine lake in Slovenia" Top 5 Page for this destination Obcina Bohinj by novsco61
Obcina Bohinj Travel Guide: 208 reviews and 472 photos
Bohinj lake is the lake that is overlooked by foreign tourists.They visit places like Bled,Postojna cave, Ljubljana,Piran.... but they don't know what jewel is waiting for them in Bohinj. Intact nature, smaragd green water, no polution, kind people, good food ..... really something that shouldn't be missed when visiting Slovenia.
Bohinj, two almost still intact valleys, where Bohinj Lake, with its reflection by garland of surrounding mountains, is located at their ends. The place, which offers thousands of possibilities for relaxation, active holidays, walking, hiking and trekking in Triglav National Park.
Bohinj is a part of the Julian Alps area, where the beauty of the nature reveals its best varieties. Bohinj abounds in fresh and clear waters and rocks rising sheer from the valley. Magnificent sunsets light up the crystal clear water of the Bohinj lake. One can enjoy the serenity of the lake and its surroundings, mountains, woods and the beauty of nature.
The amazing diversity of nature attracts and overwhelms even the most demanding guest or visitor. The diversity of Triglav National Park offers many possibilities to spend an active vacation or just enjoy in the silence of the nature. It attracts the visitor to come again and enjoy the sights and the environment that Bohinj offers
The animal stock in the lake is very rich.There are 65 types of algae, 8 types of mollusca and 5 types of fish living in it - the lake trout, eelpout, bleak, minnow and char, which can grow up to 80 cm. Some constant visitors of the lake also include the lake duck, grebe, kingfisher, water goose and several other types of animals.
Clear water in Bohinj lake is suitable for swimming and rowing. You can hire a boat,a kayak or a canoe at southern and northern part
of the lake , which is accessible also by car. Because of the weak wind the lake is also suitable for non-skilled surfers and for sailing.
Rowing on wild rivers is possible on Sava Bohinjka.
After nice walk from Zlatorog Camp to Savica fall, you can sit down and rest a little at restaurant under Savica fall.... more travel advice
The boat is 14 m long and 3.5 m wide. It is driven by electirc motor that is in total conformity with the environmental... more travel advice
novsco61's Related Pages
Obcina Bohinj Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The most beautiful alpine lake in Slovenia"
- "A heavently place in Slovenia ...."
- "Bohinjsko jezero - Ribicev laz"
- "Lakeside Holiday..."
- "Bohinjsko jezero; the ideal alpine lake & villages"
- "Stunning scenery and blissful peace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Obcina Bohinj
- Hotels in Obcina Bohinj
- Transportation in Obcina Bohinj
- Nightlife in Obcina Bohinj
- Restaurants in Obcina Bohinj
- Warnings and Dangers in Obcina Bohinj
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tetlin Junction Hotels
- Corpus Christi
- Zichron Yaakov
- Saint Louis
- Crete Island
- Muar Hotels
- Southern Thailand Hotels
- Kampong Keramat Dalam Hotels
- Province of Ontario
- Minorca Island
- Ile de Jerba
- Kaiserebersdorf Hotels
- Cedar Rapids Hotels
Badges & Stats in Obcina Bohinj
- 29 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Obcina Bohinj?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Obcina Bohinj
- Posted in Travel Ireland Forum "Re: Budget tour company"
- Commented on one of hundwalder's Obcina Bohinj travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "WATER PARK"
- updated a Obcina Bohinj Travel Page "The most beautiful alpine lake in Slovenia"
- Wrote a Review YUMMI DUMPLINGS WITH COTTAGE CHEESE in Obcina Bohinj Restaurants
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ljubljana Intro, 69 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 41 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Opatija Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Jerba Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kranjska Gora Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skofja Loka Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lipica Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obcina Bohinj Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues