Nordkapp Things to Do Tips by novsco61 Top 5 Page for this destination
Nordkapp Things to Do: 54 reviews and 116 photos
Honningsvåg is today Norway´s next largest cruise boat harbour. Nearly 2 600 persons live in Honningsvåg. The town is a centre for Finnmark County´s fishery education. The islands´only petrol station is situated at the road into Town. “Nordkappmuseet” the maritime museum, which has several interesting exhibitions, is open year-round. “Nordkappmuseet” organises guided tours through the city of Honningsvåg.
In the North Cape hall there is a supervideograph, on a 225-degree film screen where you can see the North Cape in an exciting way on a 20 minutes long film.
The shots are really exceptional, accompanied with wonderful music.
The ecumenical “ St. Johannes Chapel.” Ever since 1997, after being wed in the chapel, you can spend your wedding night in the exclusive wedding suite on the top of the North Cape hall!
The Northcape lies on a small island which is connected to the mainland by a tunnel under a fjord since 1999.
You can see many,many tourists gathered to greet the midnight sun.
Children of the world made those seven beautiful plates which are placed on the plateau at the far north point.They simbolize friendship,hope, joy... It represents 7 continents.(is Antartica the 7th ?)
The North Cape symbol. It is exactly the same design as the Globe on Vikingen Island which marks the point at which ships cross the Arctic Circle.
Europe´s northernmost corner, at 71 10`21” latitude and 21 47`40” longitude.It is located in Finnmark , the land of contrasts - the county has varied and breathtaking nature, from an uncompromising and harsh coastal landscape to peaceful, mile-long plains.
The monument of the six Children of the Earth, with the Mother and Child sculpture, was built in 1989.
In North Cape Hall you find a supervideo presentation, historic caverns, a chapel, restaurants, souvenir shops, a post office, telephones.
There is a big choice of cocktails in the restaurant . We ordered 2 ,called Nordkapp cocktail.Yummi, but very expensive...
When you have reached the plateau, and only the sea and sky are ahead , you don´t need much fantasy to imagine yourself being on the top of the world – a little bit closer to heaven and a little bit further away from the stress of everyday life.
More Reviews (10)
- Typical souvenir - Troll
- See All Fishing
- Motor home
- Stroling around the Cape
novsco61's Related Pages
Nordkapp Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The "end" of the road through Europe"
- "The place that astonished me"
- "71 Degrees, 10 Minutes, 21 Seconds North"
- "71° 10' 21'' North"
- "Mabu's North Cape Page"
- "Welcome to EUROPE'S NORTHERNMOST POINT*"
- "Nordkapp and Honningsvag"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nordkapp
- Hotels in Nordkapp
- Transportation in Nordkapp
- Nightlife in Nordkapp
- Restaurants in Nordkapp
- Shopping in Nordkapp
- Warnings and Dangers in Nordkapp
- See All...
Explore the World
- Aliguay Hotels
- Nouakchott Hotels
- Muridke Hotels
- Broken Hill Hotels
- Goromboly-Tapolca Udulohely
Badges & Stats in Nordkapp
- 19 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Nordkapp?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nordkapp
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ljubljana Intro, 69 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 41 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Opatija Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Jerba Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kranjska Gora Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skofja Loka Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lipica Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obcina Bohinj Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues