"The place that astonished me" Top 5 Page for this destination Nordkapp by novsco61

Nordkapp Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 346 photos

How I got there ?

Nordkapp was one of the stages on my 3 weeks trip from Slovenia to Norway. I traveled with total stranger - take a look at the story how I met him here .

On the way to Nordkapp

We're almost there - 'only' 149 km to go.... after thousands of km. It was our 16 th day on the way. The road to Nordkapp is very winding, sometimes only macadam. When we finally got there the weather was awful - cold (only 0 degrees celsius) and foggy.We see nothing in front of us. We wonder what the weather will be the next day. We finally find a place in the parking area and I began to cook the dinner.

Elks ...

My friend went around and met 2 funny Frenchmen.They invited us to a glass of really good French wine.
We had long talk and they told us their life stories. They were about 65 years old . They decided to travel but their wifes didn't want to go. So they left them alone at home..

• Last visit to Nordkapp: Aug 1993
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2005

• annefin's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2006 at 7:37 AM

Great page. The cliff picture is superb! I can just imagine your feeling.

• Intrepidduck's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2006 at 3:31 AM

A great visual insight into the place I intend to commence my Cape to Cape Trek by bicycle to Cape Town from.

• Rusket's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2005 at 9:59 PM

A very good and informative page!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2005 at 2:30 AM

great page!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2005 at 8:37 AM

A very interesting place. Love the troll. Beautiful midnight sun photo. I have seen the midnight sun only once - in Alaska.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2005 at 7:23 PM

Love the Troll & story! Your midnight sun photo is beautiful, very interesting page Tanja. Hope to get to Scandinavia in the not too distant future, looks like you had a great trip! (~_~)

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2005 at 4:40 AM

I have never been to Norway but I feel a little closer to it thanks to your lovely pages. Excellent photography too. The troll story was very well written. Kat

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2005 at 11:43 AM

facinating place, the kids plates are amazing. wonderful page and fantastic pix. thank you for sharing Tanja

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2005 at 5:47 AM

Fascinantno i veoma zanimljivo!!! Blago tebi!!! Izuzetno me intrigiraju nordijski predeli, posebno krajnji sever, bas gde is ti bila... Jako lepa i zanimljiva stranica!

• grets's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2005 at 3:02 AM

Lovely page on Nordkapp - must make a point of going there one day. Thanks.

novsco61

“Smile is the only thing which costs nothing and can be given to anybody anytime.”

Badges & Stats in Nordkapp

Have you been to Nordkapp?

Latest Activity in Nordkapp