"Among the western Alps" Top 5 Page for this destination Valle d'Aosta by Polly74
Valle d'Aosta Travel Guide: 173 reviews and 459 photos
Valle d'Aosta is in north-west Italy, and it's a very small region.
Situated in the heart of the Alps, surrounded by the highest mountains in Europe (Mont Blanc, Monte Rosa, the Matterhorn and Gran Paradiso), Valle d'Aosta is a meeting point between the Meditteranean and the Alps.
The villages of Valle d'Aosta are little treasures which reflect the souls of their inhabitants. Every municipality, village and hamlet is unique and tells a particular story.
Nothing could be more fitting than going on excursions to get to know Valle d'Aosta: discover its torrents, come face to face with ibex, visit castles and traditional villages!
Valle d'Aosta is famous for its castles, witness to a particularly rich and intense feudal history. In the primitive fortifications, military forts, sumptuous courtly residences, towers and fortresses, you surely will remain enchanted by the magic and charm of these 'sentries of the past'……
- Pros:Mountains, parks, castles
- In a nutshell:Nature all around
This Castle has been a Savoia family's hunting Castle for more than a century. Infact you can find a lot of pictures,... more travel advice
This castle seems to be a Disney castle. It's very nice, small and shaped as the fairy tale Castle. In this catle is... more travel advice
Polly74's Related Pages
Valle d'Aosta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VALLE D'AOSTA"
- "Val D'Aosta - Paradise for Nature Lovers"
- "Valley of Hidden Surprises"
- "Among the western Alps"
- "Mountains, green nature, snow and traditions!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valle d'Aosta
- Hotels in Valle d'Aosta
- Transportation in Valle d'Aosta
- Nightlife in Valle d'Aosta
- Restaurants in Valle d'Aosta
- Shopping in Valle d'Aosta
- Warnings and Dangers in Valle d'Aosta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valle d'Aosta
- 6 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Valle d'Aosta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valle d'Aosta
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos
- Rome Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Torino Intro, 30 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Milan Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Trier Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
Top Valle d'Aosta hotels
- Aosta Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 120 Photos
- Saint-Vincent Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 6 Photos
- Breuil-Cervinia Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 51 Photos
- Quart Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- La Thuile Hotels
- 11 Hotels
- Gressoney-Saint-Jean Hotels
- 14 Hotels
- Courmayeur Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 43 Photos
- Cogne Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 3 Photos
- Châtillon Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Champoluc Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 1 Photo
- Bard Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 8 Photos