"Capri...the Blue Island" Capri by Polly74
Capri Travel Guide: 304 reviews and 936 photos
in your dress
the color of amaranth and lily
happiness and pain, the vine brimming with
splendid bunches of grapes
conquered on land...”.
The island of Capri is located in the southern part of the Bay of Naples and consists of two plateaus, separated by a fertile plain.
The island has been inhabited since the VIII century B.C., when the Greeks and Phoenicians settled there. However, the first person to really appreciate Capri was the Emperor Tiberius, the man who took control of Rome after Augustus
- Pros:Wonderful landscapes
- Cons:Very expensive
- In a nutshell:A paradise
The best way to go around in Capri is to walk. But if you have to climb until Anacapri you can easily take a minibus or... more travel advice
The villa is situated on the north-eastern slope of Anacapri, 327 meters above sea level. In ancient times the villa of... more travel advice
Polly74's Related Pages
Capri Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Magical Capri"
- "Tiny, expensive, exclusive............."
- "Capri CAH-pree"
- "Capri - Garden of Eden"
- "The beautiful coastline of Capri!"
- "Views from Mount Solaro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Capri
- Hotels in Capri
- Transportation in Capri
- Nightlife in Capri
- Restaurants in Capri
- Shopping in Capri
- Warnings and Dangers in Capri
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Capri
- 12 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Capri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Capri
Photos in CapriSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos
- Rome Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Torino Intro, 30 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Milan Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Trier Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos