"Marsala" Marsala by Polly74
Marsala Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 24 photos
Visitors with particular culinary interests seem to expect a certain local mystique when they come to the place where the world's most famous cooking wine is made. (Marsala wine is also served with desserts.)
Though its restaurants offer some excellent cuisine to complement this distinguished wine, the city of Marsala could not be described as particularly exciting.
Some of the wineries give occasional tours.
I've visited Pellegrino's winerie and I found it interesting....try it!
- Pros:Marsala wine
- Cons:Nothing really exciting apart from wineries and salt mines
- In a nutshell:If you have time....it could be interesting
Polly74's Related Pages
Marsala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Very Ordinary City"
- "Western Sicily"
- "Marsala: History, Sunshine, Food and Wine"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Marsala
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Marsala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marsala
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos
- Rome Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Torino Intro, 30 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Milan Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Trier Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos