"Noto" Noto by Polly74
Noto Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 217 photos
Considered Sicily's "Baroque City," Noto is in the province of Syracuse, in the southeastern corner of Sicily. The town is located about 35 kilometers southwest of the city of Syracuse. Old Noto was completely destroyed in the extremely violent earthquake that struck Eastern Sicily in 1693, a quake that heavily damaged Catania and Syracuse also. The present site of Noto was rebuilt from scratch, and almost entirely in the Baroque style, the prevailing style of building in Sicily at the time.
- Pros:If you like Baroque...this is the city for you!!!!
- Cons:Very hot in Summer time
- In a nutshell:Real Sicily!!!!
In Piazza XVI Maggio you will find the Church of San Domenico, with its elegant curving facade built in 1727 by the... more travel advice
Polly74's Related Pages
Noto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Noto UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- "Noto a small City full of history!"
- "vibrant evenings in Noto"
- "baroque's capital in south sicily"
- "Noto (1)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Noto
- Hotels in Noto
- Transportation in Noto
- Restaurants in Noto
- Shopping in Noto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Noto
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Noto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Noto
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos
- Rome Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Torino Intro, 30 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Milan Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Trier Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos