"Climbing on the Vesuvio" Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio by Polly74
Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 126 photos
The Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio, has a great geological and historical interest.
The Park was born from the need to defend the most famous volcano in the world: the Vesuvio, a typical example of fence volcano consisting of an external truncated cone, the extinct Mt. Somma, with a crateric perimeter which has been mainly destroyed and in which there is a smaller cone represented by the Vesuvio, which is still active.
To reach the Somma slope, refer to route SS 268 , which is accessible from Napoli by following the road signs indicating Comuni vesuviani, and from Nola by going through SS 166.
If you do not have a vehicle, you can reach every Town of the Park by the Ferrovia Circumvesuviana (railway lines: Napoli-Torre Annunziata, Napoli-Sorrento, Napoli-Poggiomarino-Sarno, Napoli-Ottaviano-Sarno)
- Pros:Nice walk.
- Cons:If you want to see the crater you have to pay!!!!!
- In a nutshell:How to exploit nature for money
Polly74's Related Pages
Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vesuvius - Now and Then"
- "Il Vesuvio"
- "Mount Vesuvius - Monte Vesuvio"
- "Vesuvius - Don't shake the bottle."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio
- Transportation in Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio
- Restaurants in Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio
- Warnings and Dangers in Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio
- See All...
Explore the World
- Cincinnati Hotels
- Ahwatukee Hotels
- Breaux Bridge
- Juru Hotels
- Isla de Tenerife
- Departamento de Lempira
- Province of Albay
- Alice Springs Hotels
- Provincia de La Altagracia
- Beaverton Hotels
- Naples Hotels
- Chernivets'ka Oblast'
- San Felíu de Guixols
Badges & Stats in Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio
Photos in Parco Nazionale del VesuvioSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos
- Rome Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Torino Intro, 30 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Milan Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Trier Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos