"Sciacca" Sciacca by Polly74
Sciacca Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 15 photos
Sciacca is a picturesque seaside town built on rocky heights that overlook the splendid beaches and the Mediterranean Sea midway between Marsala and Agrigento. Sciacca is noted mostly for its beautiful beaches, its numerous artisan shops which specialize in ceramic ware, and its Thermal Spa complex. The town of Sciacca is a 30-minute drive east from Selinunte and its temples and less than an hour's drive west from Agrigento.
Although Sciacca has several interesting churches and monuments, the town is best known for its ceramics shops, seafood, famous Carnevale, thermal baths and beautiful beaches. The area's beaches are renowned for their splendid views, fine sands, clean and clear waters, and lack of overcrowding. Two of Sciacca's best beaches are the San Marco and the Contrada Sobareto.
The town is not overly crowded or overpriced. The Thermal Spa has an open-air pool available for use by the general public during the summer months and where the water is the same as the sulfurous water that is used for treatments in the establishment. Since Sciacca is a noted fishing port, its restaurants specialize in fresh seafood.
Sciacca's Piazza di Scandaliato, a spacious and shaded seaside promenade, offers a spectacular view of the sea. It is... more travel advice
Polly74's Related Pages
Sciacca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Ancient Spa"
- "Carnivale 2007 - a spectacular adventure!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sciacca
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Sciacca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sciacca
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos
- Rome Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Torino Intro, 30 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Milan Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Trier Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
Latest Sciacca hotel reviews
- Club Alicudi Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: May 6, 2008