"Segesta" Segesta by Polly74
Segesta Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 58 photos
Segesta is an abandoned ancient city located in the province of Trapani, about 74 kilometers southwest of Palermo, roughly an hour's drive from the capital.
This large archeological zone, with its magnificent Doric temple, ranks as one of the best-preserved Greek architectural sites to be found anyplace.
- Pros:Marvellous archeological area
- In a nutshell:Absolutely to visit. Go there at sunset, you will never forget the view
Segesta's other main monument, the amphitheatre, stands on the slopes of Monte Barbaro (literally Mount Barbarian) at an... more travel advice
Polly74's Related Pages
Segesta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Segesta - Temples in the Hills of Sicily"
- "Segesta: Experience the Elymian People"
- "Segesta: A Must-See"
- "A highlight of Sicily's Greek history"
- "Segesta - It's in Sicily, not in Greece!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Segesta
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Segesta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Segesta
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos
- Rome Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Torino Intro, 30 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Milan Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Trier Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos