"Selinunte" Selinunte by Polly74
Selinunte Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 77 photos
Selinunte is located in the southwest coast of Sicily in the province of Trapani, close to the border with Agrigento province. While Agrigento boasts more standing Greek temples in its renowned "Valley of the Temples," Selinunte is set in a much more tranquil and scenic setting, with an ambience that permits a good impression of what an ancient Greek city and life in it were really like.
The city of Selinunte proper, known as the "Acropolis," is situated on high land overlooking the Mediterranean Sea about twenty meters below. The Acropolis is located roughly in the center of the park's area.
Polly74's Related Pages
Selinunte Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Temples overlooking the sea"
- "Selinunte - Largest Archaeoligical Site in Europe"
- "Selinunte by the Sea"
- "Selinunte, Sicilia"
- "Another collection of Greek temples in Selinunte"
- "an amazing sight/site"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Selinunte
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Selinunte?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Selinunte
Photos in SelinunteSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos
- Rome Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Torino Intro, 30 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Milan Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Trier Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos