"Venezia....a romantic city" Venice by Polly74
Venice Travel Guide: 8,203 reviews and 21,709 photos
"Without streets and vehicles, the uproar of wheels, the brutality of horses, and with its little winding ways where people crowd together, where voices sound as in the corridors of a house where the human step circulates as if it skirted the angles of furniture and shoes never wear out, the place has the character of an immense collective apartment, in which Piazza San Marco is the most adorned corner".
Henry James, The Aspern Papers
Venice is a wonderful city and you can easily walk around it to visit it.
Distances are short: get a map of the city, but don’t bother to get “lost” in the back streets, bridges and campi (squares) that make up the real Venice..
Yellow signs, usually on the wall of a corner building, will direct you to the major spots. Keep right when walking in the city street. Never stop on bridges.
- Pros:Romantic atmosphere
- Cons:Very expensive...except in winter time
- In a nutshell:To visit!
Some kilns in Murano are open to the public: choose one to watch the expert master glass blowers creating an object in... more travel advice
To get to the “glass island” you must go to Fondamenta Nuove where you can take a motor boat nos 41 or 42 that reaches... more travel advice
- Venetian Sweets
- See All Centrally located
- Fantastic Pizza!
- Pigeons in San Marco Square
Polly74's Related Pages
Venice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wandering around Venice with Suvanki"
- "Amore eterno per Venezia la Serenissima :-)"
- "Venice – the City of Art"
- "Vacations in Venice"
- "MERAVIGLIOSA VENEZIA"
- "Giacomo CASANOVA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Venice
- Hotels in Venice
- Transportation in Venice
- Nightlife in Venice
- Restaurants in Venice
- Shopping in Venice
- Warnings and Dangers in Venice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Venice
- 45 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Venice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Venice
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos
- Rome Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Torino Intro, 30 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Milan Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Trier Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos