"Here I am!!!! Paola's travels & dreams..." Polly74's Profile
Curious about me??Just have a look into the Something more about me album, and will discover who I am... what I like... where I live... how I dream ... when I travel .....
And here I'm with my husband... Roberto.
He's the main author of the pics you will find in our pages and he also gives me some suggestions about the travelpages...
Let's say that we are working at "four hands" :-))
I like travelling, but let's say: who doesn't like it????
I like organising my travels, thinking about every small particular of the trip, planning the visits but not in a strict way, just to be sure to see all possible.
My husband always says that our suitcase is half full of maps, guides, and a ton of papers printed from travel websites! :-D
I like visiting and travelling everywhere, very far but also very near....
I travel a lot for work and this is very nice! Especially when I add some extra day and ask my husband to join me for holidays!
I think each city has its charm and its corner to visit and discover...
I'm used to fly , now....but what I most like are my "car vacations", when leaving with my husband on our car. I like watching around while travelling...I'm definitely COURIOUS!!!!
And I love taking pictures and trying local stuff (eating, drinking, shopping...).
My next dream ??? A CRUISE!!!! Hoping this dream will became reality soon!
France - Bordeaux valley
California and USA National parks (september-october 2006)
.... and many more
I was one of the 20000 proud volounteers for the Torino Olympic Games 2006!!
I really enjoyed being there, it has been a great experience.
I've been assigned to the Curling site, in Pinerolo, despite I didin't know curling at all.
But during the games I had time to appreciate this sport and fell in love with it.
And now....I'm practicing curling!!! :-)))
When you grow up you learn that happiness is not in big things
It is not the one you chase when you're 20, when, as a gladiator, you fight against the world being sure to win
Happiness is not what we stalk with longing thinking that love is all or is nothing
...and it is not in strong emotions, the ones that explode as thunders
Happiness is not made of skyscrapers to climb, challenges to win, always as a trial
When you grow up you learn that happiness is made of small but precious things
And you learn that the coffee fragrance at morning is a small happiness ritual, that some song's scripts are enough..
...that you cat's/dog's nose is enough to feel a tender happiness,...and you learn that happiness is made of foottip emotions, small silent explosions that widen the heart
You learn that the sea can open your heart, that the stars can move you and the sun can make your eyes brilliant, ... and you learn that a sunflowers field can enlighten your visage
You learn that spring scent wake you up from winter time, and you learn that sitting in the grass and reading a book can relax you and unchain your thoughts
And you learn that there is happiness even when you really need to write down your thoughts on a paper, and you learn that there's something bitterly happy in melancholy too
And you learn how beautiful and magnificent simplicity is.
I spent 2 weeks at the mountains in July 06...just relaxing, walking, taking care of myself and try to kick off the stress from my body and mind.
It's a wonderful experience...it's the first time hadholiday at the mountains, but it really worth while!!!
We spent our holidays quite late this year. Actually we had planned a trip to USA, but we had to cancel it at the last moment and at the end of september we decided to go to Sicily to still enjoy the warm weather there. Wonderful days!!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 762 Reviews
- 1,032 Photos
- 17 Countries
- 88 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
- Polly74 and mauro_pd are now friends.
- updated a Bologna Travel Page "Bologna - la dotta e la grassa"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Here I am!!!! Paola's travels & dreams..."
updated their Profile Page "Here I am!!!! Paola's travels & dreams..."
- Commented on il_togno's profile page
- Wrote a Review Oudegracht about Canals in Utrecht Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Kuala Lumpur Forum "RE: What must do's for 4 nights"
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 40 reviews, 40 photos
- Rome Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Torino Intro, 30 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos
- Milan Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Trier Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos