"Alkmaar more than ‘Cheese’" Alkmaar by Robin922
Alkmaar Travel Guide: 126 reviews and 345 photos
Alkmaar is known for its cheese market, however there is much more to the town.
The landscape is an interesting mix of new and old, with enough cute little shops to keep you busy for hours.
Something else that surprised me, it has a hill! While the ‘garden’ hasn’t been cared for, it does offer a nice place to sit, rest the feet and enjoy the surroundings.
- Pros:Great shopping, good cheese, lots of fun for little money
- In a nutshell:Fun, educational and cheap
Robin922's Related Pages
Alkmaar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alkmaar from the inside"
- "another pretty Dutch town - with lots of cheese!"
- "A little page about Alkmaar"
- "Alkmaar, The Netherlands"
- "Alkmaar on a hot sunny day"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alkmaar
- Hotels in Alkmaar
- Transportation in Alkmaar
- Nightlife in Alkmaar
- Restaurants in Alkmaar
- Shopping in Alkmaar
- Warnings and Dangers in Alkmaar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alkmaar
- 1 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Alkmaar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alkmaar
Photos in AlkmaarSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 18 photos
- Schiphol Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuching Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Kuala Lumpur 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos
- Alkmaar Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City 7 reviews, 4 photos