"Poás - the safe active volcano" Top 5 Page for this destination Poás by Robin922
Poás Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 34 photos
Poás is one of the most popular places for tourests. It is an active volcano, however rather than shooting lava into the sky, it just sits there spitting out steam. This is why an average person can get so close.
It is easily accessible by car, or if you prefer there are many tour lines that will be happy to take you. Poás is a park and they do charge admission, about 7 USD, and worth every penny of it.
As you get to the top you will find nicely paved walks to enjoy the abundance of natural plants and of course the crater. Once you have taken your pictures, you can go to the nice air conditioned visitors center. Like many parks the questions are free, but you pay for everything else.
- Pros:Great place to take pictures
- Cons:Weather can be a problem
- In a nutshell:It's a volcano!
While you can drive, I would suggest using one of the tour buses. Of course I make this suggestion with most any place... more travel advice
Robin922's Related Pages
Poás Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A DAY TRIP TO POÁS"
- "Volcan Poa"
- "Poas Volcano"
- "Poás - the safe active volcano"
- "Parque Nacional Volcan Poas"
- "Volcan Poas"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Poás
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Poás?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Poás
Photos in PoásSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 18 photos
- Schiphol Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuching Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Kuala Lumpur 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos
- Alkmaar Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City 7 reviews, 4 photos